My new car 1961 Valiant

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Messy1

Master Sergeant
Nov 21, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
I got a new car this past weekend. A customer who came in to pickup some parts for her son's dirt modified gave me her father or grandfathers 1961 Plymouth Valiant. It has been in the same family since new, and only has 28,000 miles on it. Got it running and drove it over to my parents place on Sunday so I can start working on it. All in all it is in great shape, and the price was hard to argue with. Not my favorite Mopar, but it is growing on me. It's a 4 door, a 2 door would have been cooler, but I can't complain too much. I'll post some pics of it when I get the chance. Got a few upgrades planned such as a disc brake swap, and rear end swap. Interior needs work as mice got into it tore it up. Below is what the cars look like.

Attachments

• 100527-tech-scramjet.hmedium.jpg
    100527-tech-scramjet.hmedium.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 13,295
  • 2831794820_67cb735af4.jpg
    2831794820_67cb735af4.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 7,641
Last edited:
Just was happy to get something for free I can tinker around with. Had to sell my last project last year, so having something to work on will be cool!

does it have the push button transmission? 6 cyl?? they are cool old cars and pretty easy to work on.

Wait a minute... I reread your post. Those aren't pics of your car, are they. :(

Unfortunately no Matt, mine is not in as good of shape as those. I'll get some pics this weekend. My car is actually a 3 speed on the floor. A little unusual. I am planning also on maybe swapping in a 225 and doing a little bit of hopping up to the motor. Did not want to do too much to the original.

Man oh man! They don't make them like that anymore! Just imagine if they rolled one out like that today? People would call it the next Pontiac Axtek! (which I have and love) Enjoy your rolling slice of Americana my friend! 8)

Thanks guys. Looking forward to working on it. It does need a new hood, and the front fenders need a little body work. Just have to do a little at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back