My Return To Modeling, The Bf 109F-4 of Viktor Bauer...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's a pity. Unfortunately I have found nothing.Sorry.It seems that The Eagle Editions offers the markings only.But I will remember about this.If I find something I let you know.

Wurger, what u mean by "offer markings only"???

They dont give painting directions to the specific camo job??? I would assume they atleast give u directions on decal placement...

I cant seem to find much of anything on the web for specialized decal sheets for specific pilots crates... Theres one that has some bombers, but nothing on WW2 fighters...

WTF is up with that??? Are we limited to the decals and weak painting instructions that come with a specific kit???

Ah sorry Les,I've put the "only" word at incorrect place of the sentence.:oops: As you can see I have still problems with your native language.I think in Polish and write in English , therefore....Sorry again.
Certainly the EC decal sheets are with full instruction.

Now I must ask you.What does "WTF" stand for?

WTF - now I've already known.:lol:

As far as decals are concerned there are some firms that offer different sets of them but it is very hard to compare their ones to EC sets.You know sometimes a small firm issues a good decal sheet, but almost nobody knows about it.There are some firms - Techmod,Hi-decal,AML,Tally Ho!!!, as memory serves Eduard and some others that offer decals in different scales.But I must tell you that 1:24,1:32 scale just have become popular in Europe.The rest of their sets have been made for 1:48 and 1:72 scale models mostly.Therefore it is not easy to find another decal set.But then the mask sets for big scale models have started being more and more popular recently.One of the firms which sell these sets is MONTEX but I don't know if they have a mask set for Bauer's a/c.I have to check it.

Les, there is another option although I've never tried this myself. If you have a good computer and printer, you can get blank decal sheets and make your own. Again, I've never tried this but from the few that have I understand it does work, especially for hard to get decals.

Njaco is right if you have a good printer it is possible to get the decals you need.I've tried to do it acouple of times and it works really good.But it is better to check a reaction of the printed in the way decals to a cote you want to use.It have occured that the printer ink dissolved.

And yes Les, a mask set is a kind of a stencil.These masks are made of selfadhesive transparent foil.

There is an example of its usage.These pics I've found on The MONTEX site :

..::MONTEX-MASK::.. [JAK MALOWAÆ]

Attachments

• kid21.jpg
    kid21.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 89
  • kid22.jpg
    kid22.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 84
  • kid23.jpg
    kid23.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 83
  • kid24.jpg
    kid24.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 79
  • kid25.jpg
    kid25.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 87
  • kid26.jpg
    kid26.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 89
  • kid27.jpg
    kid27.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 83
  • kid28.jpg
    kid28.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 85
  • kid29.jpg
    kid29.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 87
  • kid30.jpg
    kid30.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 98
  • kid31.jpg
    kid31.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 90
To be honest I cannot agree with you guys.The same work you have with masking camo patterns when you use a paper tape ( Tamiya for example).It is always a long-term activity.The masks are dedicated for the bigger scale models of 1:24,1:32 scale mostly, so it is very easy to put them on quite big models.Of course it doesn't mean that the way of making markings, arts etc... can't be use for smaller ones..Besides these foil masks are like the Lego blocks.Fit excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back