My Return To Modeling, The Bf 109F-4 of Viktor Bauer...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Christ, its been so long I can't remember! I think I did the clear coat last. Been along time since I did a diorama or battle damage. Sorry.

BTW, that fly is just a mechanic (blackman) guiding the Messy down the runway, right?

Looking Good!

Thanks again guys...

OK, as of this evening, the touch up and decals have been completed.... Jesus those decals were tiny.... Anyways, gonna spray it tomorrow evening and then probably weather it up and do the bullet holes on Wednesday...

Although the light isnt the greatest, I really do think its coming out pretty good for a paintbrushed model with NO sanding or putty...

Attachments

• Halloweenie 097.jpg
    Halloweenie 097.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 818
  • Halloweenie 099.jpg
    Halloweenie 099.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 88
  • Halloweenie 101.jpg
    Halloweenie 101.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 160
Yeah, I've been holding onto a 1/32Bf 109E of Wick until I get "better" but I'm just getting older. You've inspired me to break it out and tackle it. :lol:

I dunno Les, I'm scared to touch mine as it might amplify all the mistakes I make with a model that size. I might stick with the 1/144..."Whats that?" .."Oh, umm, an air intake!"..."Looks like putty!" "nope, Nope, thats an air intake."
Of course you give me inspiration (ducking my head for the insult :lol: ).

Les: It really looks great. I just wish the folks who put out the balsa and
paper models would go into the detail they do for the plastic scale models.
I'm forced to research, ask people who know, and then come up with mod-
ifications to make a 190 or a 109 look half way real. I had to build a three
bladed prop and fabricate wire landing gear for the FW-190 I'm building.
I guess I'll have to sit and strain for decals....

Charles

The work u do Charles is beyond my scope.... Unreal stuff....

New pics.... I did in my panel lines and some light weathering.... Those are the first 3 pics....

The last one shows it after 2 coats of clear.... Now I spray the bottom when it dries and then comes the final weathering/oiling and bullet holes......

Attachments

• Halloweenie 102.jpg
    Halloweenie 102.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 96
  • Halloweenie 103.jpg
    Halloweenie 103.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Halloweenie 104.jpg
    Halloweenie 104.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 102
  • Halloweenie 109.jpg
    Halloweenie 109.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 92
Cool jaco, thats what I was plannin on doing.... Question is, should I do the holes before I spray the clear coat or after???

After you have finished with your decals. I would recommend that you clearcote first to avoid the decals separating if you put a bullet hole over a decal (which I highly recommend for increasing the authenticism). Also, PLEASE don't make 15 bullet holes all in a row!

Looks great Les.

Hi Les,
Well done:D .I like it.It is not easy to paint such a big model.But you have done it really very good.The camo patter makes the model very interesting.I also think about almost the same pattern on ICM Bf109F-4 1:48 model.When are you going to finish ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back