My Return To Modeling, The Bf 109F-4 of Viktor Bauer...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Les, well if you want to do Bauers aircraft, only Eagle Editions offers this aircraft on it's decal sheets in either 1/32 or 1/48.
Are you after other options? There are certainly many more options in 1/48 than there currently is in 1/32.
I am currently looking at what options of what to do for a couple of my Fw190A-8's.
Is Bauers aircraft your preferred choice?

Preferred??? Well maybe... The guy was one hellofa pilot and did it right.... Im still looking into which kit to do and what scale.... I'd like to keep on the 1/32nd scale....

Any recommendations on which 1/32nd kit is the "best" to purchase???? I dont know much of the company names, and the ones Ive looked at were either Eduard or Hasegawa models....

What do u recommend for accuracy etc etc.... I know that some kits need to have after market pieces installed to make them historically accurate.... Any kits that are "correct" with no mods????

Well your choice is the 1/32 Hasegawa kit ST 21 Fw190A-8, It is the best kit that you can do. The 2 options in the kit aren't bad either.
You don't need to add anything, it is a stock standard A-8. Just looking at the kit and JG300 book right now. (It is 11pm Sat. night here as I check for you)

I found these on Ebay... Searched for 1/32 Hasegawa.... The second and third ones are ST21 as u said.... Is that the kit to get then Wayne??? I want to do a Sturm version with 30mm and armor...

1/32 HASEGAWA WW2 FOCKE-WULF Fw190 German Fighter 08056 - (eBay item 280171992452 end time Nov-16-07 18:55:51 PST)

Hasegawa 1/32 Focke Wulf FW190A-8 - (eBay item 250185596377 end time Nov-13-07 15:51:37 PST)

Focke-Wulf Fw190A-8 1/32 Hasegawa Model Kit NIB - (eBay item 190170574576 end time Nov-11-07 19:59:21 PST)

574a_1.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The second and third are correct(ST21), DO NOT GET THE FIRST ONE!! that is the original OLD kit!
To do the Sturm version you will need to do some modifications, not much but enough to give you some small challenges....are you up to it!
I'm happy to assist you with the details.
Let me get this straight, you want to upgrade to the sturm aircraft and still depict it as Bauers aircraft, in Red 3 markings? Photo's indicate Red 3 is a standard A-8 not a sturm /30mm armament and armour. OR change to a different pilot's aircraft to be more accurate?

The D-9 you have shown is also an old Hybrid kit.using the OLD 190 kit plus new Fuselage and some 'extra' bits'n'pieces. There is a new tooled D-9 with the JV44 markings it is kit ST19

OK Wayne, thanks for the info... I will not be doing Bauers crate as a Sturm, that was for future modeling....

I will not get the first one....

Im always up to challenges my man, and my rebirth in this hobby has me motivated in the right directions.... I will look into the ST19 kit for the JV44 bird as u said....

Is there a A-8/R2/8 kit that doesnt need the mods u speak of???

Yea I found those Wurger... It seems like the kit to get... Im in the middle of an auction for it as we speak.... Im high bidder at 13 bucks, less than 2 days to go....

I noticed that one of the options decalwise is Hans Dortenmanns crate, which happens to be one of my favorite fighter pilots.....

So we'll see what happens with this build.... Im looking foward to it....

Les, I don't think the extra parts are available yet for the sturm aircraft, the primary items being the armoured side panels, which you could make from plastic card, the side armoured windows, clear card and framing required also not hard, 30mm cannon brass tubing in the right diameter, shouldn't be hard to find. add cannon shell ejection chutes.At some time you would think that Hasegawa will add this stuff to do a sturm aircraft....maybe?
Dortenmann's aircraft is a good choice nice and colourful, as a companion you could also do one of his 'versions' of his personal D-9 W.Nr. 210003 which was the first Dora to be delivered, he used it for the remainder of the war until he blew it up at war's end, making it the longest serving D-9 as well. You have 2 colour schemes and 3 variations of marking during its service life. Markings are readily available in the kit or via Eagle Editions.
Some detail provided below

Attachments

• 10059168.jpg
    10059168.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 10059168n3.jpg
    10059168n3.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 10059168t2a.jpg
    10059168t2a.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 73

Users who are viewing this thread