My Return To Modeling, The Bf 109F-4 of Viktor Bauer...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Im at the whim of what Walmart has to offer in paint/supplies.... Kustom Kolor is the paint I have to use, and there is no RLM coding, so the colors wont be quite right...

Yea, used black in the cockpit to make the details stand out....

It is recommended RLM 66 for the cockpit interior painting.It seems that the colour is a bit grey than the black.But it is my opinion only.The cockpit still is looking good.:)

That's a pity you cannot to buy other paints.The problem will be solved.

Couple more pics...

Attachments

• Picture 070.jpg
    Picture 070.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Picture 071.jpg
    Picture 071.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Picture 072.jpg
    Picture 072.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 134
Oh yes,this is a good online shop.You can buy there almost you need.Probably also the new windscreen or a new cockpit conopy for your Messer.:)

BTW. The model looks impressive.:D

can't wait to see it when finished les. that is also why I won't touch a lanc, i'm afraid I will stuff up the camo job with the paintbrushes.

Keep it up Les. I got back into modeling about 2 years ago. I bought about 10 kits, paints, and airbrush, etc. I started on a 1/48 P-47D and I still haven't finished it. Maybe as the weather begins to cool off in the garage I'll get back out there.

Thx.... Just painted the first of 3camo colors, the Olive color.... How long do I wait for the paint to dry before removing the masking tape to start another color????

And will regular masking tape peel off my other color when I reapply the tape for the tan camo???

It depends on the kind of paints ( oil or acrylic ) you used.For oil enamels ,I use mainly, I wait 20mim or sometimes up to next day,for acrylic ones it is possible to remove the tape after 5-10 min. For sure you shouldn't apply the tape before the surface of a colour isn't dry.The main acrylic paints faeture is to peel off with the tape if you didn't use a primer.It is the best if you use it or another kind of paints as a primer ( Humbrol's enamels have better ability to link itself with a base, for example).Certainly it also depends on how many layers of a paint you put or how the layer of a colour is thick.But if you are careful everything is mostly O.K.

Alos, should I do more than one coat??? It has dried and looks good as far as the coverage goes... I would think that a second coat would further degrade the details of rivets/panel lines etc......

Comments??? Im getting antsy waiting on a reply......

If you use an airbrush and acrylic paints there shouldn't be any problem.With the oil enamels you should be careful.If you use a brush and acrylic ones put the next coat when the previous is dry ( it is said the acrylic paints are dry 4-5 hours later but in my opinion it is not true.Like all paints in all the world they need 24 hours to be dry.Try to put a very thin layer of a paint so the next thin one shouldn't degrade the details too much.

BTW It is better to wash all surfaces with a worm water and soap or some drops of liquid for washing dishes.

O.K. put thin layers of paint so it shouldn't be any problems with the two.But if the one layer of paint is enough to cover a surface, don't put the second one.If you use a tape of Tamiya or other ones for modellers everything will be O.K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back