My Second Modelling Attempt, Dortenmanns' Fw 190A-8.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

While I was messing around in my old thread, I deleted the damn thing and cant get it back....

Oh well, I have finally finished this Hasegawa 1:32 Fw 190A-8 of Hans Dortenmann.... The weathering is completed..... First set of pics is the pre-weathering shots, then the finished model....

Attachments

• ~~modelnew 015.JPG
    ~~modelnew 015.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 214
  • ~~modelnew 013.JPG
    ~~modelnew 013.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 230
  • ~~modelnew 007.JPG
    ~~modelnew 007.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 212
  • ~~modelnew 008.JPG
    ~~modelnew 008.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 218
Heres the finished shots... Thanks to ALL u bastards that helped me through the learning process..... Wayne, Wojtek, TThud, Erich and the whole lot, u guys have been a huge help.....

Attachments

• plane done 001.JPG
    plane done 001.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 216
  • plane done 003.JPG
    plane done 003.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 222
  • plane done 002.JPG
    plane done 002.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 214
lesofprimus, that looks great, the weathering looks excellent. Those hasegawa 1/32 A-8's go together pretty nice. I just finished one last month myself. I cheated and did back date it to an A-7. The only thing I didn't like is the flapes are down at a 90 degree angle, 190's flaps could go 60 degrees. I did fix my example either had to get it done for a show.

Thanks fellas...

Yea, I re-set the flaps for the correct angle as well... Also fixed the other errors that I could with putty....

Great kit...
It was my first try using an airbrush for anything, on top of being only the second model Ive built in the last 20 years.... I think it came out far beyond my expectations.... Learned some mistakes and little tips along the way, so the next one should be better....

I love learnin new sh!t....

Great, Les. Makes me feel like a kid again. Wonderful job!

I too have been working with my youngest one. We made a F4F and a Naboo fighter. If I get my nerve up, I'll post our next round of development. You have inspired me.

If that's one of your first attempts at late war molt with an airbrush you did a outstanding job. Getting the molt to look right and the fethered edge to scale is one of the most difficult things to do. I'll post some pics of my A-8. when I get the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back