My Son, The Graduate....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the only one's who've been here longer in terms of majoy members are Trackend (earlier the same day as me :lol: he doesn't post any more though) and Crazy, which is logical as it's his site :lol:

So where can I get some history of this place?

Who's site is it?
How the moderators were identified?
What roles the moderators as individuals play?
Are these roles scripted or just mutual trust? {not sure if I'm imagining this to be more complicated than it actually is}
Where the server physically resides?
What kind of equipment supports this site?

I've seen some pics of Les in his reclining command center, but am curious about the behind the scene activities.

Horse's site...
I wanted to be a moderator...I asked. But then again I asked when the site was really small and it needed them Nowadays the other mods do the job 10 times better so I just sit there and look important ;)

I've seen some pics of Les in his reclining command center, but am curious about the behind the scene activities.
The hell u say... Never had a pic posted of me at my "reclining command center..." I think the pic ur thinking of was one of the many Miscellaneous Debris pics Ive posted...
How the moderators were identified?
What roles the moderators as individuals play?
Are these roles scripted or just mutual trust? {not sure if I'm imagining this to be more complicated than it actually is}
Usually, horse asks a member to move up, although there have been several instances where myself or one of the other Mods have requested someone to move up, so to speak...

Evangilder was promoted recently to a Site Admin as his knowledge of certain things enhances our security here, and he's usually around to handle the things that us Mods cant when horse isnt around...

Flyboyjoe was asked recently, by the urging of several of us, to become the Tech guy here...

I personally was asked by horse many many moons ago to be a Mod because of my ability to control situations and basically be the "Goon" around town... I didnt get the monkier Minister of Whoopass for nothing....

As for roles, there are none... We all back each other up, and have all been close for the last 2 years or so, with some of us talking on the phone together and even visiting each other... The Mod crew we have here is a pretty tight and works together very well, with no differences or disputes between us... Horse picked us good lol...

Also, if u havent noticed, 90% of the Mods/Admins have prior military service, which makes a difference, no offense to u CC of course hehe...

Re: command chair - Must have been Les. Makes me chuckle thinking about it. Sorry for confusion. I must have momentarily confused you for a techno-puke. I was out of line.

Thanks for the candid response. I find the forum more than a little fascinating and had wondered about the internal workings of such a well oiled machine. I have to give all the moderators kudos for making it look so easy. Perhaps someday Horse will give a tutorial to us tadpoles about the conception of this universe and what motivated him. I am still left wanting.

The FNG.

I dont know I got asked to be a moderator around the same time as Les and them. I said yes. I think I was still in Iraq when I was asked to be one.

The cool thing about the mod group is that we all pretty much do get along. Even if we dont agree on a particular subject we support each other and got each others backs.

Being over here in Europe it is hard to meet up with the guys in the states but next time that I am in there neck of the woods I am going to look them up. The same is good for them too. All they have to do is tell me when they want to come to Germany and they have a place to stay. Im still hoping Les and his son will come over to Germany next year for Rock im Park and meet up with me and plan_D. It is one hell of a good time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back