My War Scrapbook (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Any news on the photos mate? even if you could send me a few soon that would be great they dont all have to be done at once.

evangilder said:
Sorry, I wasn't clear. It was 2 separate incidences I was talking about. Anyway, I totally agree with you, but I think that civilian reporters should be barred from the front-line units. If they sneak in there, they are on their own. If they get in the way, shoot them. The way I see it is if they do something stupid, which is almost a certainty, they could get a number of guys killed. Maybe it's harsh, but I have seen civilian reporters get guys killed in the field. I had one put his mike in my face once and started barking questions at me. I reached down and took my rifle out of safe, put the business end in HIS face and informed he that he had 3 seconds to get the f**k out of my face. He complied.

I through a Reporters camara out the window of my Blackhawk one time in flight over Iraq. It was a night flight under NVG's and I briefed them before we took off there will be know picture taking with flashes because the flash will be too brite under the NVG's and blind me and the rest of the crew and a flash at nighttime in the desert can be seen for miles and this could let potention enemy know our location and allow them to set up an attack. Well anyhow 5 minutes into the flight the guy takes a picture of the cockpit with a flash and it blinds everyone. I took my goggles off and I see him smiling so I took his camara and through it out the window somewhere in the desert. He complained and went to my comanders and tried to get me to pay for it but I got away with it because I specifically told him not to do that stuff.

Karbine said:
Any news on the photos mate? even if you could send me a few soon that would be great they dont all have to be done at once.

Will send you some tonight. Sorry again for the delay.

cool soon as you can send me please do as i need to update the site.

Any news on those photos yet mate? i really need some as my sites low on updates the past few days they would be very handy,even if you could send just a few.

I really apologize, unfortunatly they are on my laptop which is acting up right now. As soon as I get them out I promise I will send them to you. How many do you want anyhow?

as many as you can get me,but send in the best photos not ones of you just standing there :p

But yea anything,but u can send them a few at a time thats fine.

Karbine said:
as many as you can get me,but send in the best photos not ones of you just standing there :p

But yea anything,but u can send them a few at a time thats fine.

Okay no prob. Oh dont worry I dont want to send pictures of myself that will just bore people! :lol: I really do apologize for the delay but my laptop is really killing me right now. It is filled with sand.

LOL! sand! how the hell that get in there,i told you that its a laptop not a spade :D

I kept my laptop in my hooch at all times and kept it in a case when I was not using it but the dust from the sand over in Iraq is so fine that it just gets into everything. My laptop is loading up but it overheats very quickly and shuts itself down. It worked fine until I took it over there so I think that may be the problem.

Depending on the laptop, you can sometimes get the covers off and then blast away with some compressed air to clear out all the dust and sand. Some places will charge you a tidy sum to do just that. Unfortunately, some laptop cases seem to have been designed by Mr. Rubik.

Im to afraid to open mine up and then never get out the stuff that inside like pictures and music and stuff. I am getting it out one piece at a time and then I am just going to buy a new one.

I am working on it right now. My external hard drive just got back from Iraq today and everything should also be saved on there so I going to use that one because I can just plug it in and not have to worry about my damn laptop quiting on me evertime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back