Mystery B-25 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We doing it then?!!
EDIT: Just remembered, I posted some pics of a similar-looking B25 in this thread a couple of days ago. This was the one that arrived at Duxford, UK, in 1988, and is a relatively rare early example. Just so people know what it looks like, and what can be done, this aircraft was operational, but was then fully restored inside and out, as a R.A.F. Mitchell III, and now looks superb!

Well, purchase is one thing - upkeep totally different.

Of course, though, I know of a friendly, WW2 airport and museum close-by that has the room to store if needed.

It also begs the question - where's Pbfoot? Doesn't he volunteer at a great place for just this sort of thing?

My question is, if the owners are in Texas, what's the plane doing in Franklin,
Va. ?? Dare I write a letter making some discreat inquiries ??

Charles

They might be keeping it in its current location for tax purposes or maybe it simply was to be worked on in Virginia and never got completed.

You'd be surprised how many aircraft are left to rot on airport tarmacs. Its even worse when one is a B-25!

Charles - talk to the airport manager and see what he knows about the aircraft. Also find out if the owner is up to date on their tie down fees. I worked for someone who acquired a Cessna 150 and a Stinson 108 by paying off their delinquent tie down fees and then placing a lien on the aircraft.

Charles - talk to the airport manager and see what he knows about the aircraft. Also find out if the owner is up to date on their tie down fees. I worked for someone who acquired a Cessna 150 and a Stinson 108 by paying off their delinquent tie down fees and then placing a lien on the aircraft.

Good idea, Joe. I have been informed that one of the three owners lives
in Franklin, and my contact is getting me his phone number. I will try to
get in touch with the airport manager.

Charles

Well....I'll be able to contribute enough to buy a gallon of paint or a seatbelt or something, but I'll donate what I can! That'd be awesome, having a ww2aircraft aircraft!!!!

I just finished sending an email to a Mr. Everett Williams, whom I have been
informed is one of the three owners of the B-25J. I asked him for any infor-
mation on the aircraft that he would give me, especially as to the owners'
intentions. I also asked if the aircraft was for sale..... as is... where is.

I'll let you know what he says, when I get a reply.

Tomorrow I am going to phone the Airport Manager and see what he will tell
me..... especially about the tie down fees.

Hey Joe.... can you get type qualified to fly a multi-engined warbird ?

Charles

Had to opportunity to talk to Mr. James [Jimmy] Gray, the manager of the Franklin Airport, this morning. He told me he gets five calls every day about the B-25. [Which he refers to "a hunk of junk"] The tie down fees are paid up. He wishes someone [anyone !] would come and take it away. He says it's been fifteen years since anyone has worked on it. He suggested, if I was really interested in it, to contact the owners in Texas.

Guess that's the next move, huh ?

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back