Nakajima Ki-44 CGI Project

Thank you, Andy :)

Diagram from the old manual shows a prototype and design is not necessarily same as the later production version but helpful to know measurements and let my work go on.

Ki-44_tail_planes.JPG
Ki-44Shoki.jpg


Ki-44_tail_planes.JPG
Ki-44Shoki.jpg
 
Last edited:
Thanks Dave and Merv for kind comments!
Nothing on the walls but in boxes as my room is so small like a jail :smile:

I look quite resemble with my father...

Me_01.JPG
Me_02.JPG
 
I will struggle with the vertical stabilizer and rudder before completing the tail landing gear.
After that, main wing with fuselage and cockpit will follow to complete all. I appreciate your good patience everyone! :)

Ki-44_horizontal_plane.jpg


Ki-44_horizontal_plane.jpg
 
Last edited:
Simply amazing work. Your renders never cease to make me think it's a photograph.
 
So, what is that you wear? I hope it is not kilt borrowed from Jan. :lol: :lol:

What a Digger in a kilt, soooo many mixed messages there !
 
Thanks for the kind comments, Thor and everyone.
I won't wear a suit at least, Wayne. OK, I am frankly very curious about the Aussie fashion now :smile:
 
Last edited:
Shorts, my good man! Shorts! :D Cargo type or sports...

So that's OK then. :D
 
Thank you, David, for checking too :)

This may be a time for trivia.
The Ki-44 Tojo was equipped with a Fowler flap called Butterfly Flap for the air combat but had few chances to use it as the Ki-44's main tactics was hit-and-run.
It was a good plane for attacking the B-29 from every angle with high speed but most effective attack was proved to be ramming.

This illustration shows the hit-and-run angles to avoid the turret shells.

Ki-44_tactics.JPG


Ki-44_tactics.JPG
 
Last edited:
Looks great so far shinpachi!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back