Nazi Gold Train - THE RESULTS!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

same thing, its all gold

Worf_notagain.gif

Actually no it's not...

No body is being a smart arse except you. I don't care who you are, you really show your limit of any knowledge and manners. Fact still remains, The treasures that are missing , are still missing. As for wiki references, this web page has thousands of references to the site. Bernsteinzimmer, that what you were going to call it when you got it home?. keep up my friend, will leave you in the dust. Grab one of beers from the beautiful fraulein in Dirndl, enjoy and relax.

No body is being a smart arse except you. I don't care who you are, you really show your limit of any knowledge and manners. Fact still remains, The treasures that are missing , are still missing. As for wiki references, this web page has thousands of references to the site. Bernsteinzimmer, that what you were going to call it when you got it home?. keep up my friend, will leave you in the dust. Grab one of beers from the beautiful fraulein in Dirndl, enjoy and relax.

Warning given, you ain't leaving anyone in the dust if you are going to act like a jack ass. Maybe it is you who needs to learn to relax.

Last edited:
The Gold room alone from St Petersburg is worth over a billion euro, that's only one item. .

I've seen the reconstructed AMBER ROOM in the Catherine Palace. It is a beautiful room, if a little extravagant and over the top. I have never heard it referred to as the gold room The highest estimates I have ever found for its value are £300 million and $500 million, which are in the same ball park and well short of a billion euros. They are also a lot more than was claimed when I was there in 2012 (by a Russian guide, they are not prone to understatement).
The original 'room', meaning the amber panels. were probably destroyed by the RAF. It might have been the advancing Red Army that destroyed them , but the Russians prefer to blame us.
Cheers
Steve

I've seen the reconstructed AMBER ROOM in the Catherine Palace. It is a beautiful room, if a little extravagant and over the top. I have never heard it referred to as the gold room The highest estimates I have ever found for its value are £300 million and $500 million, which are in the same ball park and well short of a billion euros. They are also a lot more than was claimed when I was there in 2012 (by a Russian guide, they are not prone to understatement).
The original 'room', meaning the amber panels. were probably destroyed by the RAF. It might have been the advancing Red Army that destroyed them , but the Russians prefer to blame us.
Cheers
Steve
I don't have the article on hand, but recent research has found an abandoned German bunker in Poland that has a large concealed chamber that may be the location of the Amber Room. Eyewitnesses did state that SS was seen unloading a great deal of material into it as the Red Army was advancing.

When I get a little more time, I'll go back and look for the recent article.

We know where the amber was towards the end of the war. I saw the claims about the secret bunker in a newspaper today. It has all the usual stuff, the ex Nazi (is there such a thing?) who claims he saw trucks unloading, the geo-radar so popular in the search for buried Spitfires, Nazi trains and now lost amber, none of which inspires me with confidence. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but we'll see :)
Cheers
Steve

Agreed the value stated in most references is around $500 to $800 million, however this is based on the gold leaf known to be used in the Russian replica wall now in place. The original were amber panels gilded with gold, being 1700s, the gold would have been beaten flat, much thicker than modern day leaf. Yes I have seen this also and can only imagine the real thing viewed in candle light as it was designed to be viewed. Modern lighting doesn't do it justice.

there have been many claims over the years of the amber room(gold room) being found, I believe before this train possibility, there were some searchers looking in Germany at some old SS bunkers, about 2010?

I remember a small panel from the original amber room was found a while back. I wonder why they were not able to track it back from that.

I also remember reading somewhere that the original recipient of the amber room was not exactly enamored with it and gave it away. Is this true or did I just make it up?

Jim, the Amber Room was a gift to Tsar Peter (the Great) of Russia from Kaiser Frederick William I of Prussia, the Russians seemed to like it well enough to have it installed in their summer palace.

The Amber Room's last known and verified location, was in Königsberg, early 1945.

I think a lot.....well, maybe some of the lost art/gold/money/etc can be traced. But some of the people who are in charge do not want it traced because it's already been found and "distributed" accordingly. Lot's of greed and corruption is in play when you are talking about the amounts of money and desire to own precious objects.

I will admit I would be VERY tempted to hang on to a few pieces if I were in the position to lay my sticky fingers on them.

By the way, your lame attempt at a reply brought up a good point.

Your smartass comment about wiki is a nice little dig, but we don't usually use it here. But in your case, you might try wiki to learn more about the Bernsteinzimmer - it has pictures so you can keep up.
I believe that I can keep up even without pictures but I will not put sexy pictures of me on the my name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back