Nazi Gold Train - THE RESULTS!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WW2Restorer,

Look man, you are a smart guy. You know many things about the topics we discuss, probably more than me and many others and I appreciate your input------when it's on topic. Just some friendly advice......

You need to chill on the snarky comments. Taking direct or backhanded shots at "the regulars" isn't the best way to positively influence others and make friends. You may not intend for it to be that way, but it is coming across like that. We have different opinions about many different topics and we can discuss them all length, but don't be so smug.

Just my two cents......

WW2Restorer,

Look man, you are a smart guy. You know many things about the topics we discuss, probably more than me and many others and I appreciate your input------when it's on topic. Just some friendly advice......

You need to chill on the snarky comments. Taking direct or backhanded shots at "the regulars" isn't the best way to positively influence others and make friends. You may not intend for it to be that way, but it is coming across like that. We have different opinions about many different topics and we can discuss them all length, but don't be so smug.

Just my two cents......
My friend, I have no idea what you are on about. My comment was in reference to the mystery post of Mr Allen. I am chilled and post legit information. If you look back at the replies I received it was NOT me that started any abuse and I have not abused anyone. You need to address these folks that don't read or comprehend a post that jump in the deep end and call people names. FWI with that disputed post was made I was in the air at 30,000ft and 18 hours ahead of your time zone and the time of the post . I stand by my post, and have never said anything to offend you.

I am chilled and post legit information. If you look back at the replies I received it was NOT me that started any abuse and I have not abused anyone. You need to address these folks that don't read or comprehend a post that jump in the deep end and call people names.
You corrected a member with an incorrect (not legit) term, you were called out on it...

All right, the Amber room is not the golden room, I am going to get on the internet and tell them to change all their references. The panels are amber covered in gold, I am so very sorry I called out the most expensive part of the room and it upset so many perfectionists.

See, you keep on doing it.

bad enough dealing with the regulars
upset so many perfectionists
I don't care who you are, you really show your limit of any knowledge and manners
keep up my friend, will leave you in the dust
(reference your favourite research site , wiki)

Comment after comment. I'm done. Tried to give a little advise and get shooshed away. You are on your own to deal with "the regulars"

Yes, shooshed is a real word, at least in the south it is! LOL

All right, the Amber room is not the golden room, I am going to get on the internet and tell them to change all their references. The panels are amber covered in gold, I am so very sorry I called out the most expensive part of the room and it upset so many perfectionists.

Prediminately the main pieces are Amber. The room is therefor known as the "Bernsteinzimmer" which translates to "Amber Room".

That is what it is reffered to be scholars, the Germans and the Russians alike.

Perfectionist? Quit with your insulting snide comments and cheap shots. In a forum that discusses historical accuracies, would you expect that?

I guess you are still planning on leaving us in the dust huh?

Is not there the Golden Room beside the Amber Room in the Catherine's Palace ?
Sorry if I'm wrong.

The series of state rooms, designed by Rastrelli, is sometimes called the Golden Enfilade. This includes the Great Hall (Hall of Light) and Amber Room among others. I don't remember a room specifically called the Golden Room.

The reason the Nazis took the amber panels to Konigsberg for display is because the initial amber panels were originally intended for an Amber Cabinet at Konigsberg Castle. They were never used for this because they were presented to Peter the Great by Friedrich Wilhelm I of Prussia (the Soldier King) and formed the basis of the Amber Room along with considerably more amber, the famous gilded carving and gem stone mosaics.
I imagine that using typically perverted Nazi logic the Germans were simply returning the panels to their rightful home!

Cheers

Steve

Prediminately the main pieces are Amber. The room is therefor known as the "Bernsteinzimmer" which translates to "Amber Room".

That is what it is reffered to be scholars, the Germans and the Russians alike.

Perfectionist? Quit with your insulting snide comments and cheap shots. In a forum that discusses historical accuracies, would you expect that?

I guess you are still planning on leaving us in the dust huh?
Sir, being a forum that discusses historical accuracies, I 100% agree. As you know this site also has thousands of what ifs, could haves and should haves. I do not see you cautioning them with their non historic material. I made the mistake of using Google and searched for "the Golden room in St Petersburg", which in turn, returned to me 760,000 hits on the topic, including the above mentioned famous rooms at the Summer Palace. I have written to Google to ask them to change their search engine to be more accurate.
Respectfully, I have not insulted anyone, as a moderator the insult of smartass was released by yourself, along with others, which it totally unprofessional. Their is nothing snide or insulting about stating ones perfectionism, it means they demand every perfect, it is definitely not an insult, smartass is!!! As I asked another poster, let it go I will not post any further as your forum cannot accept any information that is not posted by your select group of model makers. I shall find a real forum that lives up to its historic purpose.
cheers.

Sir, being a forum that discusses historical accuracies, I 100% agree. As you know this site also has thousands of what ifs, could haves and should haves. I do not see you cautioning them with their non historic material. I made the mistake of using Google and searched for "the Golden room in St Petersburg", which in turn, returned to me 760,000 hits on the topic, including the above mentioned famous rooms at the Summer Palace. I have written to Google to ask them to change their search engine to be more accurate.
Respectfully, I have not insulted anyone, as a moderator the insult of smartass was released by yourself, along with others, which it totally unprofessional. Their is nothing snide or insulting about stating ones perfectionism, it means they demand every perfect, it is definitely not an insult, smartass is!!! As I asked another poster, let it go I will not post any further as your forum cannot accept any information that is not posted by your select group of model makers. I shall find a real forum that lives up to its historic purpose.
cheers.

Go back and read your posts. You sir, are being talked to in a like minded manner.

No one is keeping you here.

If you have something to offer, then by all means do so. We don't want to see you go, but if you go back and follow the whole conversation you will see it was your choice of words that started this.

ww2 restorer

Start with your post 13 and then read on. You were corrected on something you were wrong on, and responded with an attitude.

The posters responded in kind.

When someone is typically corrected, they admit it, say thanks and move on.

At least those of us who do not pretend to know everything do.

Just can it with the attitude, and everyone can get along.

On a side note.

I don't have anything against you personally. Neither does anyone else here. You bring something of value to the forum, as do all of our members.

I will however respond to an attitude with a like attitude.

Well, for those of you disappointed by the lack of a Nazi treasure train, Burmese Spitfires, Aussie Merlins or Lancasters buried in Birmingham, we now have another nutter with ground penetrating radar claiming to have found Hitler's long lost atomic bombs!

A pensioner says he's found Hitler's hidden nuclear bombs

I won't be holding my breath, or stocking up the nuclear bunker, on the back of this one. I think I may have seen the missing panel of the Ghent altarpiece at the back of my shed, so I shall be focusing on finding that. It's more likely than this daft old buffer having found Nazi nuclear weapons :)

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:
My great aunt's chauffer's friend's nephew once visited Belgium, and although I can't prove he ever went to Ghent, It seems highly probable that he came across the altarpiece whilst ordering a bowl of 'moules frites' in a restaurant somewhere else in Belgium. From there it is blindingly obvious how it came to be in the UK and subsequently my shed :)
Without this kind of solid provenance the art trade would probably collapse :)
Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back