Need some help with what I have... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

leadnbrass

Recruit
Aug 1, 2014
Picked up a few items today from an elderly woman...husband who died years ago was a WWII pilot. She gave me a couple items that appear to be aircraft related and I was able to figure out what the American pieces are. These two have me stumped mainly due to the fact that they appear to be Japanese and I know nothing about aircraft.

Anyone care to help me with translation of ID...many hours of searching the computer keeps leading me here.

Thanks for all the help.

imagejpg1_zpsf4930ee3.jpg

imagejpg2_zps016cd975.jpg

imagejpg5_zpsb716dd0a.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsa15de13d.jpg

imagejpg6_zps23fba7fc.jpg

imagejpg7_zps8b414036.jpg

Thanks for the info all...I'll check back and see if any more posts occur.

Just another shot of the gauge as it appears it left it out (rear tag)

imagejpg8_zps7e403db5.jpg

I'd day the first pic is a 'mag switch for a twin

Thanks David for you kind comment as always.

Frankly, the translation and researching work is not easy for my aging eyes recently :)
Once for a question is ok but twice and more are heavier than before...

Great work Shinpachi -san !
During a recent overhaul of the 'Dinah' at the RAF Museum, Cosford, UK, a load of what appeared to be coral dust was found under some of the panels, such as those shown here.

Attachments

• Cosford 071.jpg
    Cosford 071.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 129
Exactly what my RAFM guide said at the time!
It's thought it must have just settled over the years, even though the aircraft was fully checked/repaired/overhauled as required many years ago.

I worked with International DH-8A caterpillar many years ago that was used to fight brush fires in Southern California. It was built around 1942-43 for the U.S. Navy seebee battalions and served in the pacific. It had armored "bunkers" around the cab that still held coral sand in them (the steel "bunkers" were empty until it arrived and then were filled with local sand) and even in nooks and crannies, you could find the coral dust.

Even though it had been overhauled, painted several times and operated in harsh terrain for ages, the dust kept showing up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back