Never Grab the Third Wire...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Matt308

Glock Perfection
Apr 12, 2005
Washington State
How do you say, "Get your ass off the top of the train" in Hindu?

I'm sure innebriation had nothing to do with this. Surely.

Attachments

• TrainRideUpperDeck.wmv
    3.1 MB · Views: 214
Ok, it's a given that the guy was an idiot. But did it not dawn on the camera man that perhaps he should put the camera down and go help the idiot whose head and crotch was on fire?

Ok, it's a given that the guy was an idiot. But did it not dawn on the camera man that perhaps he should put the camera down and go help the idiot whose head and crotch was on fire?
That guy was dead before he even began to fall away from the wire...

Those wires above the train carry some serious current and his hair was gone with the first flash...what you're seeing burning is his flesh and internal organs cooking off (note the huge amount of smoke flame coming from the "opening" on his lower torso)...

Just checked the facts regarding the rail system's electric values:
In India 1500V DC and 25kV AC, 50 Hz, is used for main line trains.

The 1500V DC overhead system (negative earth, positive catenary) is used around Mumbai. The Mumbai region is the last bastion of 1500V DC electrified lines on Indian Railways. There are plans to change this to 25kV AC by 2010. The 25kV AC system with overhead supply from a catenary is used throughout the rest of the country. The dual-voltage WCAM series locomotives haul intercity trains out of Mumbai DC suburban region. The new AC/DC EMU rakes used in Mumbai are also designed to operate with both DC and AC traction as the Mumbai area switches over to the 25kV AC system.

The Kolkata Metro uses 750V DC traction with a third-rail mechanism for delivering the electricity to the EMUs. The Kolkata trams use 550V DC with an overhead catenary system with underground return conductors. The catenary is at a negative potential.

The Delhi Metro uses 25kV AC overhead traction with a catenary system on the ground-level and elevated routes, and uses a rather unusual "rigid catenary", or overhead power rail, in the underground tunnel sections.

That's why the guy lit up like roman candle...

Last edited:
Me too! Hah!!! :lol:

V=IR

Now measure your resistance with a cheap voltmeter in the garage and you can see that some SERIOUS current ran through that man. Instant mummification.

I had a feeling it was DC when I saw this. If it was AC, the first jolt would have likely thrown him off. He didn't feel that for long. I've seen people get zapped before, but when the person catches fire after getting zapped, that's pretty much about it. He's a Rice Krispy.

I had a feeling it was DC when I saw this. If it was AC, the first jolt would have likely thrown him off. He didn't feel that for long. I've seen people get zapped before, but when the person catches fire after getting zapped, that's pretty much about it. He's a Rice Krispy.

DC has such a short distance they would have to build transformers at every couple miles... seems kinda expensive.

Maybe there are just a lot of AMPS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back