New - again

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just discovered this site. Looks interesting.
Been drawing and painting aircraft of any era since I was about 4 yrs old back in 1948 - still not much good at it but keeping trying!
Currently working on a painting of a Blenheim Mk V for a friend - and may do another for myself based on the Mediterranean anti - shipping strikes. But I could use confirmation of some detail.

I've created my own 3D viewing model and I can see one piece of box art that shows the right hand side of the Mk V nose - but has anyone got some decent photos of that part of a Bisley or Blenheim V?
i.e. where the gun pack merges up into the nose?
I served 5 years in the RAF back in the mid /late 60's , as an Inst Mech- mainly on Javelins and Lightnings .
Mods - shoot me if I've got it wrong.

Welcome Neilf - we normally don't shoot folks here, only those who claim they are someone or something that they really aren't. Aside from that we're all pretty cool and there's a lot of knowledge here. Look around and enjoy.

PS Love the Lightning!

Got what wrong? Welcome to the forum. You might wish to take a look at the Aircraft Pictures section. I'm sure you might find some useful information there.

Enjoy.

Take a gander at the membership rules, Neil. They are a bit different than those over at eHanger. :toothy5:

Not sure what you refer to there Matt 8) - I make my own way in the world and I'm a member of quite a few aviation / art sites .
I've looked at the membership rules for here but see nothing that stops me joining .
I'm surprised I haven't come across this site before - it does as I said in my intro - look interesting - at least to someone like me who's been mad about aircraft for 60 odd years.

As for what do I mean "New - again " - it was simply a reference to the number of sites I've joined " Here I go again " sort of thing.
Anyone got a problem with that?

As for "Got what wrong?" - I realised that there is probably a "reference" section where I should make my query about the Blenheim V stbd. nose but included it in my intro. anyway.

If I've missed something in the rules and conditions that means I'm not eligible by all means pull the plug - if not I'll be happy to contribute as I get into the threads on here if I feel I have anything to offer .

Welcome to the site, Neil. We need more Brits here, the Aussies were
beginning to get the upper hand....

Charles

I suppose u havent seen my spat over on ur other site Neil, ehanger... Either that or ur here under false pretenses....

Im extremely curious, as I went off on some of the members there including that kid Nick who posted some stuff over here that he claimed was his own work....

He was banned 4 times before we blocked his IP address....

I understand your curiosity but there is nothing sinister in my turning up at this moment.
Oh yes - I've seen your spat on EH mate !
But it's nothing to do with me .
It's thanks to that I found this site (it's an ill wind as they say ).
I've certainly given advice / critique to young Nick in the past on EH and very recently as well but that's as far as any link goes . I am not one of the great and good in the aviation art world so I doubt if my tuppence worth means a great deal to anyone - but I try to help where I can .
As I've said above I am a member of various aviation /art sites - that doesn't make me responsible for every Tom ,Dick or Harry that crops up on them or elswhere .
p.s. Look at the link to my blog in my Profile .

Hi Neil and welcome. I don't think I've got much more on the Blenheim V than you've already found, but I'll have a look through my stuff, and if I find anything I think might be of use, I'll post it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back