New and not from The Vatican! (3 Viewers)

Hi:
I had to put Vatican as Canada wasn't listed...what's up with that!
Anyway, a die hard fan of anything WWII aircraft related. Model builder to the max until into my 20s.
Ramping down toward the end of what will soon be a 30 year career in the Canadian Navy...and wishing I could start all over again!
Anyway, I still do dabble in the fine art of modelling most recently doing Monogram/Revell's 1/48 B17G (Did this one in my younger years too so knew what was coming). It took me almost 3 years and recently one of my #@* cats thought that it was a 'toy'...actually my wife's cat-That means I can put it in the microwave doesn't it...if it is not mine...?
Anyway, looking forward to learning lots and hopefully sharing some too!
 
Allways room for another Canuck at the fire, be welcome
 
You need a wrecked model as a reason to put a cat in a microwave?

Just kidding. I hate cats. Welcome.
 

Attachments

  • imagesCAIW94XZ.jpg
    imagesCAIW94XZ.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 205
Welcome to the forum sir.
 
Welcome

By the way Canada is in the list...

After a second look, yes, I found Canada right on top. Silly me, I followed the alphabetical order and went from Cameroon to Canary Islands to Cape Verdi!
Matt, I think this 48 year old just wet his pants looking at your pic of the free cat!!!! You NOW owe me!!!
 
Last edited:
And I thought you were an Irish man in a Handley Page four engined bomber.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..

Sorry - I'll leave the room
.
.
.
.
.
Oh and welcome!
 
This seems like a really great place with a great bunch of people but you guys are cutting into my "me" time!! I am otherwise occupied all weekend and am trying to get all my gear together as I am at NDHQ downtown most of next week. It's hard to not grab the 'hot' side of the iron when you see a message pop up! I may be at Sick Bay by Monday morning!
I am still laughing about the cat pic! I sent it to my wife in Halifax-she phoned me and is not laughing and told me to keep "Starsky and Hutch" (My choice was K'mere and K'mon) out of my forum discussions!
Anyway, I convinced her to take some pics of my "Office". For about the last 10 years over Christmas holidays, I do 'a build'. As mentioned with the B-17, I also did a 1/350 USS SARATOGA (my brother-in-laws bateau) over time but have a mean looking 'modified' Hawker Tempest in 1/32 and most of my other stuff in 1/48. Love that scale-not too small to see, not to big to display. Did an SBD with a Wildcat and Zero in the same time frame scheme (Midway-took forever to find decals) which was a challenge. Also took the cheap (Walmart $14) Revell 1/48 P-51 and turned it into a pretty true to life Tuskegee. It took one day but even close up, I am pretty proud of it.
Anyway, must get back to ironing shirts!!!
 
Hi Pat and welcome from England.
 
Another welcome from down undah...... My Grandmother was from Nova Scotia, a MacDougall.... I am now an Australian citizen, from the U.S. originally, so I have completed the circle to the Commonwealth. I also served in the USNavy, and wished I could have stayed in. Check out my Commonwealth Group Build of a Typhonn, flown by a Canadian. We'll enjoy your company. cheers, Bill
 
Hi Pat and welcome to the family
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back