New Guy and Nervous

porgy

Recruit
5
0
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Location
Tennessee
I am nervously admitting to being a novice on this site, though after reading some of the other "new guy" posts I question the wisdom of doing this. Thank goodness I'm not young, as is poor "Not Leroy Jenkins". I tend to try nurturing a young'uns interest in aviation, but what do I know?

At any rate, to those of you like myself, who have been around planes for years, I look forward to reading your posts. Since I can't rent the Cirrus from the local FBO as often as I did a year or two ago, I am trying to immerse myself in things aviation in less expensive ways. With 2 kids in college, my disposable income just ain't what it used to be!

I am just old enough to realize that I don't know much, but I sure do love talkin' about planes. Especially fighter planes. Now, if I can only keep from getting "bounced" by some hotshot mod and banned, all will be "Sierra Hotel".
 
Welcome to the forum porgy. Nothing to be nervous about. Regarding Not Leroy Jenkins, he committed no sin. Just needed to change his siggy which was mildly insulting to our international members. My post citing "next caller" is an internet email chain of a reverend from down in New Orleans pre Katrina. And finally, the post by German Ace was just stupid.

I highly suggest you read the new members rules. Your input and contributions, like Not Leroy Jenkins, are most welcome.

Enjoy the forum.
 
You're welcome here Porgy
not sure what you meant about the new guys though, we don't normally flame new guys unless they're spammers, in which case their first post is usually their last.
 
I really thank you all for the kind words. I do wanna say that I REALLY dig the caricature of Uncle Adolf that Biker Babe has by her name. (I know there exists proper nomenclature associated with that "thing" but I dunno what it is!)

Adolf was a genius. The poor man was fighting two wars, one against us and one against his superiors. Either one could have, very quickly, gotten him killed. Could you imagine working for such irrational people as Goering and Hitler?
 
I know there exists proper nomenclature associated with that 'thing' but I dunno what it is!
what 'thing' are you talking about?
 
;) :thumbleft:
 

Attachments

  • AG_006_Udet_drawing_small.jpg
    AG_006_Udet_drawing_small.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 158
Welcome Porgy! No worries, I felt the same way, about not knowing anything when I joined the forum, but hey, I've learned a lot in my, 2 YEARS...... ALREADY!
 
Welcome to the site. Find a couple threads and join right in.
 
And porgy,where are you from in Tennessee?
I got friends in Knoxville...who visited us this year as well...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back