New Guy and Nervous (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am nervously admitting to being a novice on this site, though after reading some of the other "new guy" posts I question the wisdom of doing this. Thank goodness I'm not young, as is poor "Not Leroy Jenkins". I tend to try nurturing a young'uns interest in aviation, but what do I know?

At any rate, to those of you like myself, who have been around planes for years, I look forward to reading your posts. Since I can't rent the Cirrus from the local FBO as often as I did a year or two ago, I am trying to immerse myself in things aviation in less expensive ways. With 2 kids in college, my disposable income just ain't what it used to be!

I am just old enough to realize that I don't know much, but I sure do love talkin' about planes. Especially fighter planes. Now, if I can only keep from getting "bounced" by some hotshot mod and banned, all will be "Sierra Hotel".

Don't worry porgy, the mod aren't that "hotshot" (well apart from Les of course :lol:) and usually quite relaxed. And not that many are banned, I for instance have been on the forum for more than 3 years and I never even received a warning. So if every-one behaves themselves civilly there is no danger of being banned at all. Unfortunately not everyone realises this and they usually are the ones who get banned. I think and hope you will not be in that category.
Looking forward for your contributions. Don't worry if you feel you don't know that much. As long as you can admit it when losing a discussion it's absolutely no problem. Have fun!

Welcome buddy

Dont worry too much at being a noob . This forum seems quite relaxed with a fair bit of technical knowledge .
Just vote the P51 as the most overated fighter and you'll fit right in:tongue3:

Now, if I can only keep from getting "bounced" by some hotshot mod and banned, all will be "Sierra Hotel".

1. There are no "hotshot" mods here.

2. The only people that get "bounced" (as you call it) are those that are:

a. Are insulting to other members of the forum.
b. Can't keep things civil.
c. Don't pay attention to the forum rules.

Now having said that. Welcome to the forum. I hope you like it here, and contribute to this forum.

Last edited:
Geez, already I'm in trouble. "bounced by a hotshot" was meant in an aviation context.
Aviation and Airplanes, I'm fairly comfortable around 'em. Internet social type sites, not so much. Anyway, you folks appear to be awful friendly, and I WAS just joking. I get nervous when I see numbers AND letters in the same list.

Lotsa good stuff on here, thanks for being so nice as well. I'll keep reading!

Geez, already I'm in trouble. "bounced by a hotshot" was meant in an aviation context.
Aviation and Airplanes, I'm fairly comfortable around 'em. Internet social type sites, not so much. Anyway, you folks appear to be awful friendly, and I WAS just joking. I get nervous when I see numbers AND letters in the same list.

Lotsa good stuff on here, thanks for being so nice as well. I'll keep reading!

You're really not in trouble...... Adler just pointed out some things. Calm down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back