New guy in town.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Luftjeger

Recruit
Sep 13, 2007
Martin City, Montana
Howdy fellow WWII plane enthusiasts, I'm a norwegian now living in the US. Born in 1971 in north Norway we still grew up with plenty of old warmemories. I did also visit 2 known crash sites of shot down german and british bombers. The germans had an airfield 50km from where I grew up.

Welcome. Did you live near Trondeim?

I grew up about 900Km further north, in the county of Troms, from the island of Senja. The airfield's name was Bardufoss, close to the swedish and finnish border. And was used as the springboard to attack the northern convoys to Russia. The Biscmark's sistership Blucher was sunk just 70Km from my hometown, south west of the city of Tromso. Just recently they dug up to Jagdpanter II armored vehicles that was documented to have participated in the Battle of Kursk, they are now in safe care of the Battlefield museum of Troms County. They were in very well condition for their age and for having been underground for over 50 years.

IThe Biscmark's sistership Blucher was sunk just 70Km from my hometown, south west of the city of Tromso.

You mean the Tirpitz right? Bismarcks sister ship was the Tirpitz.

The Blücher was sunk in Oslo Fjord at the Dröbak Narrows when she was attacked by the fortress of Oskarborg and later by torpedos.

You mean the Tirpitz right? Bismarcks sister ship was the Tirpitz.

The Blücher was sunk in Oslo Fjord at the Dröbak Narrows when she was attacked by the fortress of Oskarborg and later by torpedos.

Yes! Tirpitz was it, mixed up the name. There was just a huge book issued on the history of Tirpitz, made in conjunction with norwegian and german historians. Very good reading material DerAdler.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back