New Member From Tennssee (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was stationed in Franfurt, Germany in '90 to '92 in a personnel company but hated the desk job. I changed my MOS to Patriot Missile crew member and retrained at Ft. Bliss, Tx. From there I was stationed in Kaiserslautern, Germany in an ADA unit. I loved traveling on my own. I would get lost in Bavaria and be back in time for Monday formation.

I did spend 4 months in Birbury, England in the 80's. After I left there I worked for Carnival Cruise Lines as a Black Jack and Roulette dealer. I spent 1 year with them and was on 3 ships. I will say that we never lost anyone at sea but I was sea sick a majority of the time. I did meet some rather peculiar passengers each week but had a blast in all of the islands.
Where in Germany where you stationed?

Thanks for the warm welcome! I figured you all were running a nut house...that's why I joined up! ;) My husband is originally from Ontario, Canada and immigrated to the US when he was 9 years old. His father was a pilot in the King's RCAF during WWII. We have some amazing photographs of the planes and his medals. My husband was in the US Army infantry. He spent a majority of his career with the 101st Airborne. I am from South Dakota and ran away to join the Navy. I ended up in Rota, Spain in a C-130 squadron and after my tour I traveled Europe and returned to the states and joined the Army and returned to Germany for 5 years. I was in an ADA unit. I have a 12 year old son and he loves the museum he lives in. I actually live in a "man cave" and love it. We do have some interesting WWII items. I will post pics when I can. That's about it guys! Whew!

Well, I big THANK YOU to you and yours for your service!:salute:

Last edited:
Me too, and welcome from another Canuck. I grew up in Toronto and my wife is from southern Ontario.

What squadron was your father in law with and what did he do?
I have been busy digging through my late father-in-law's papers and medals. I have found a few items that will give me a good history of the man. My husband told me that he was a quiet man and he didn't discuss his experiences often.

He flew Hawker Hurricanes and was active duty in 1943. He had a good friend who flew P47 Thunderbolts who my husband only remembers as "Rex." This was the only man his father would talk to about the war. I am going to be doing more research and let you all know what I find. I will have to start a new thread for the pictures and the story of this man's experiences/battles during WWII.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back