Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Bill,

don´t worry and stay here. There are some things I know and can speak about them and there are also things where I have absolutely no clue so I only read and learn. Think that´s the reason for most of the members why to stay on this forum...
There are also things I think I know but once the discussion is started I feel like a child:oops:
And you even have an advantage you know English very well which is not my case...
None can know everything...

Welcome Bill! This is a great place to learn, and for a intelligent discussion every now and then! :lol: I have killed many a slow hour at work on this forum! I need to get a computer at home! That would be a lot safer for me!

Don't hit and run, Flathead. We would welcome you input. Technical or not. Just a bunch of folks who enjoy aviation. All years, all makes, all kinds. Please contribute.

Hi Bill, Welcome to the best airplane hangout on the WWW. I agree with everyone else here...Don't bug out on us. Not too many Flat top sailors here to hang with. I was haze gray and underway myself. CV66, CV67, CVN69, LPH-7 and LPH-10 to be exact. Worked on the E2-C Hawkeyes mostly. Hang around and swap sea stories with Mr. C and myself.

Welcome aboard, Bill! As stated before, there are those on this site who could tell you the exact number of rivets in various models of planes, how many gaskets in each engine (and probably the name of the poor slob who made that gasket in the first place), who flew what with which squadron and how he liked to eat his peanut-butter-and-jelly sammiches....then there are the mortals, like myself, who just enjoy a good chat about anything WW2 related! There are some great conversations, great discussions on anything WW2-ish, lots of wonderful sarcasm (ex-Navy myself...my experience with flattops is either touring one with a friend, or peering at them through a periscope)...stick around! This place grows on ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back