New Server Software :: Post any problems

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horse, I can't upload photos on Firefox any more using this button...

Untitled.jpg

...I now have to use the Basic Upload button on the bottom right. I can't remember the exact date it started(mid September I believe). I have no problems using it with the other browsers. As I mentioned, it worked for a bit yesterday after you did some upgrades.

Geo

Yep.. that's it.

However the Firefox has it in Tools -> Options -> bookmark Content. The top menu there. Check if there are exceptions added with the button on right. The list should be empty.

Looking OK. Try to switch off the blocking and check if the Select Files button works. If it doesn't work, set the option On.

Geo, could you grab the screen with the Firefox plugins again and post it here for comparison to the posted one previously? I would like to check on something.

Yep. this is the reason the button has started to work. The entire Java has been updated. recently. Especially the Platform SE 7 and the Shockwave Flash. To be honest I had asked you about about the Java updating. You said it was as memo serves. But it wasn't. It seems that the SE 7 U55 didn't work properly with the Flash File Selector.

Also ... I would suggest going to the Java site and checking on all old Java updates installed on your comp but not needed any longer. There is an option there that can check and uninstal them automatically .

Last edited:
Re-updated ??? ... just updated. Here is your list of plugins before and after updating. As you may notice three of them have been updated. I'm not sure if you need the two Shockwave for Director plugins. Therefore I had suggested going to the Java site and checking on the Java soft.

Capture1a.JPG

Capture1b.jpg

Here is my list of Firefox plugins installed. Please pay your attention to the fact that the current Java is of number 8.

Capture1c.jpg

Also please notice the line with the blue text at the top of the list. It is in Polish but you should have it in English. If you click it you can check if plugins are valid. If a plugin is current it is indicated by the green rectangle button on the right. If any of them is of red it means that a plugin has to be updated. Either by clicking on the red icon or manually by downloading it from the plugin provider's site.

Capture1d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back