Newbie to the board (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello! My name is Charlie. (Chariots of Fire). While normally a modeler of 1/25 scale fire apparatus, I also enjoy modeling 1/72 scale WW2 US Navy aircraft. I'm looking forward to popping in every so often. As an opening question does the Eduard PE for the Academy version of the SB2C Helldiver work for the Airfix kit as well?

Thanks, guys. I'll try to post some pics of my WW2 builds. If you don't mind my posting a related subject. This is a 1/25 scale Type O-5 crash rig that the USAF used in the late 1940's and early '50's. The actual rig of the one I modeled was used at Otis Air Force Base on Cape Cod.
165.jpg

160.jpg

139.jpg

137.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. Greetings from Poland and I invite you for visiting the Modelling Section here and posting there your undoubtedly very nice works. :wave:

I realize that my posts so far don't have wings but they are at least aircraft related. This one is my latest build; not finished but getting there. The R-2 Rescue was used in the early to mid 1950's and had a great assortment of equipment for aircraft rescue assignments. Once the outside is done I'll tackle those pieces of equipment that go behind all of the compartment doors.
109.jpg

115.jpg

Welcome from North Carolina. How's the weather up there? You near the cape? Used to drill out of NAS South Weymouth and Newport, RI. It's a very pretty area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back