Next on the table..Monogram 1/48 B-26 Marauder

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chipping away at this one and making steady progress. I have masked off the rear part of the fuselage and have the white paint done for the D Day stripes. I know it is not to be a wrap around scheme but it easier I believe to wrap it and then paint over with the olive drab later.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

The engines assemblies are nearly complete, the main gear is ready to be installed as is the top turret.

IMG_0005-1.jpg

The D Day stripes on the wings are done save for a couple of touch ups. Once again I thought it would be easier to do this part of the wing paint jog without worrying about engines, wing/fuselage joinings, landing gear etc.

This is the first time I have ever done D Day stripes so it is live and learn exercise.

IMG_0006.jpg

I have managed to snap off the nose machine gun twice now and will not be reattaching it till right near the very end.

The fuselage windows are in and I have found some weights to add to the engine nacelles and radio room.

Thats about it for now.

Cheers,

Jeff

Looking good so far. Wherever possible, leave off small, easily damaged bits until the end. Things like wheels, landing gear, guns, antenna etc can normally be added easily after main construction, painting and decals etc - just takes a bit of pre-planning, and saves a lot of anguish, and the invention of new curses !!

Man, today was one of those days where nothing went right.

A combination of me being all thumbs, parts not fitting properly, losing pieces and breaking others has driven me to the point where this model has gone back into the box while I cool off. Some of the surgery needed is beyond my skill set right now so this project can wait for a bit while the skills improve.

Then to top it all off, while I was cleaning the workbench I knocked over a glass jar of varsol and my basement is rather aromatic now. The Mrs., God bless her, is none too pleased with the smell.

I have a few other kits to bash around so that is what I am going to do and I will return to this one at some future date.

Cheers,

Jeff

Looking great Jeff, I have the Revel version of this kit to do. I was going to say that on my A-20 the invasion stripes came out to 9mm, but it looks as though you have it handled very nicely sir. :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back