Next on the table..Monogram 1/48 B-26 Marauder

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
B-26.jpg

This old kit was picked up at a consignment sale a couple of months back. Looking forward to this build as I have done it before, way back in my teenage years. I had toyed with the idea of British markings and once again I do thank those of you who were helpful in that regard but I will be going with American markings, just not sure which ones yet. Lots of choices. I will get my "middle eastern" finish when I get around to the Beaufighter bought earlier this week.

Got started yesterday. Began with the cockpit which was pretty straight forward.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Not sure how long this build will take. It is almost summer which means air show season and lots to do outside. I will forge ahead as time permits and see where we get to before the next group build starts on August 01st, my first GB as a participant.

Cheers,

Jeff

nice Jeff, have the same kit myself for an RAF bird, but only the SAAF used them i think and they all had distinct nose art .
finding decals for them has proved impossible so far !

See the thread here http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/questions-kits-decals-tools-pilots/b-26-question-40630.html

regarding RAF B-26s

I agree with the impossibility of finding RAF decals, one would have to piece together a set from various sheets in order to get it done.

Cheers,

Jeff

Nice choice and good progress so far :D

Here is the decal sheets ordered yesterday from Hannants.

KW48081.jpg

KW48081_1.jpg

90% sure I will be doing Dina Might ( I have a sister in law named Dina ). Made sure I got a set with two B model choices in case I mess up the first decal transfer.

I was going to order the same set from Sprue Bros. but it would have cost me $5.00 more. Pretty sure the $9.95 postage rate to Canada is a tad excessive. Hannants is air mailing the set for half that amount.

Question for you D Day stripe guys.

How wide should each stripe be on this aircraft? I can't see it being to difficult to do but the proper dimensions would be good.

Cheers,

Jeff

Good start Jeff. Just a pre-warning - you'll need a lot of weight to keep the nose wheel on the deck. I stuffed the radio room full of lead, up hard against the forward bulkhead, so that it couldn't be seen through the open hatch way, and also added lead to the engine cowls, forward of the main gear pivot points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back