NFL 2012 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most players know their role and some are enforcers they do not need to be told..

Shane Churla comes to mind.....

Anyhow this is the NFL thread, where we talk about the slow ass sport that we love...

:lol:

What I'm afraid of is now every single bone crushing hit will now be viewed as a possible bounty hit. I bet James Harrison (DE for my Steelers) is going to hate this.

Last edited:
If Colston is cutting across no mans land, isn't it my job to hit him as %#<€'in hard as I can . If he gets hurt, so be it. If Jim Kelly is standing in the pocket with the ball, you flatin' him , you don't pull the flag from his back pocket. If you take him out.....Bonus. Believe it's called NFL Football. Just don't pay cash......

There's a difference between a hard, legitimate hit, and purposely trying to take someone out, or cause career threatening injuries. The same could be said for a offensive lineman chop blocking a defensive player in such a manner as to injure the defensive player. I am sure there are opportunities on both sides to inflict injuries. It should be professional consideration not to purposely try to injure the other team, and hope they are professional enough to do the same. Purposely endangering a players career is bad enough, but doing it for money makes it even worse. Most players careers are short enough without having to worry about being taken out just to win a game.

I do not think the players were really intentionally looking to take players out for life.Alot of it just trash talk just like some Niners mentioned before the game some Saints were going to be carted off the field big deal trash talk.About that being a legal hit Chris I meant in the since he went from receiver back to runner and is not protected by league rules.A receiver for a matter of seconds is protected from head-to-head contact for a second before and after the catch much like a QB is before and after release.

Professional is a big word to most football players, they are about as smart as a cracker jack box with hoodlum mentalities,I'm not surprised that the trashing of an opponents carreer is prevalent. Look at the characters your dealing with....

Last edited:
Somebody send the New York Jets a compass, a map or a GPS. Actually, send them all three!

My team is LOST!

Steve

Sean Payton, Saint's GM, and loss of draft picks are all being appealed now. I know it's their right, but what a chicken S thing to do. To me, that's like saying I know we did something wrong, I know we got caught, I know we are guilty, but we don't want to be punished for it.

Yes I know they are trying to just get the fines and suspensions reduced, but still. I'm really losing respected for them. I was raised that if you get caught doing something wrong, be prepared to pay for it.

This guy should never be allowed to coach Football at any level. Ever again...

Absolutely terrible, and a very poor excuse for a human being.

Niners schedule is tough! We knew the opponents already, but when we play who, is a bitch! :lol:

Week 1: Green Bay Packers
Week 2: Detroit Lions
Week 6: New York Giants
Week 11: Chicago Bears
Week 12: New Orleans Saints
Week 15: New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back