NFL 2012 Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the previous thread, I gave my thought on where the top wide recievers would end up. Here is what I posted and lets see how I did....

DeSean Jackson - Free agent - I was wrong. He stayed in Philly
Vincent Jackson - Free agent - I picked this. He is now a Buc
Dwayne Bowe - Resign with KC or franchised, but he isn't leaving the team. - And he didn't leave. Still with KC
Steve Johnson - Franchised as they are far apart in negotiations and Buffalo doesn't want to lose him. - Well they didn't franchise him, but he did sign a 5 yr deal to stay in Buffalo
Marques Colston - Free agent - Dang it.....I missed this. He stayed in NO
Wes Welker - Resign - Easy. He stayed
Reggie Wayne - Free agent because of age, but it depends on Peyton - Nope. 3 yrs to stay in Indy
Pierre Garcon - Resign, but it depends on Peyton - I said it depends on Peyton. Peyton left and so did Pierre. Now in Washington
Jerome Simpson - free agent - Yep, Bengals to the Vikings
Robert Meachem - free agent - I was right. Left the Saints for the Chargers
Mario Manningham - Resign - Wrong, but glad he went to the 49ers
Randy Moss - possibly signed, but I have my doubts. He will get picked before Terrell does. - He was signed and he did get picked before Terrell. Do I get two points here? ha
Terrell Owens - no chance - I was wrong here. Enjoy Seattle
Hines Ward - I believe Pittsburgh will let him go! - Still can't believe my Steelers let him go
Donald Driver - I think he will sign a 1 yr deal and stay with the Packers. - Stayed with Packers
Plaxico Burress. - Free agent - Still a free agent

That makes me 11-5 in the picks. Not bad.

Not trying to be a dick, but we already have a thread for the next Football season.

I am going to go ahead and move this over to that thread.

Very good on your predictions though.

Well the season is less than a week away, so on to my annual picks.

Last Season: 175-90

This weeks picks:

New York Giants 23-17 Dallas Cowboys
Chicago Bears 24-17 Indianapolis Colts (Welcome to the NFL Luck)
Philadelphia Eagles 30-10 Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions 30-13 St. Louis Rams
Houston Texans 27-20 Miami Dolphins
Atlanta Falcons 20-14 Kansas City Chiefs
Minnesota Vikings 17-14 Jacksonville Jaguars
New Orleans Saints 23-14 Washington Redskins (Welcome to the NFL RGIII)
Buffalo Bills 21-20 New York Jets (Sanchez plays the first of 5 games before being benched in favor of Tebow...:lol:)
New England Patriots 24-21 Tennessee Titans
Seattle Seahawks 20-10 Arizona Cardinals
San Francisco 49ers 24-21 Green Bay Packers (Green Bay will probably win this game, but I can't go against my Niners. Sorry...)
Carolina Panthers 27-17 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Pittsburgh Steelers 27-21 Denver Broncos (The Steeler D will be too much for the Denver Receivers)
Baltimore Ravens 23-20 Cincinnati Bengals
San Diego Chargers 23-17 Oakland Raiders)

I can't say I'd disagree with any of those pics, but just to be different, I say Luck gets the win. Saints will be too much for RG3

I am 100% pulling for Luck, but I think his D will let him down.

As for the Niner/Packers game, it will come down to the Niner D. If they can stop hold Rodgers down, the Niners have a shot...

Think I'm sitting pretty good as far as injuries go, especially in my starters, all are healthy. I do have a backup suspended for one game, but plan on keeping him to see how he does.

Wow, I'm really having a hard time with my NFL league this Sunday. The 49ers play the Packers. How do I root for my fantasy QB to have a good game, when it requires him to beat my favorite teams QB, Alex Smith and TE Vernon Davis (my starting TE)? I do have Smith as my backup, but who in their right mind would replace Rodgers with Smith?
Great, not sure I can handle this kind of stress or guilt if I root for Rodgers!! :)

That is the one thing I hate about fantasy football too, Messy. While I have two Cowidiots on my FF team, do you really think I'm going to cheer for them to score?

Haaaaaaaaa Giants lost. All their fans are using replacement refs as excuses. If anything there were 40 holding penalties not called against the Giants

While I agree with you that they were beaten fair and square (the Giants did not play good at all, very poorly actually), the refs did miss a few pretty bad calls. Cruz was held pretty bad in the endzone, in what would have been a very catchable TD pass. If the Giants had scored there, it easily could have turned the game around.

All in all though, the Giants did not deserve to win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back