NFL 2012 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season started on Wed...;)

But yeah I am excited! Got my chicken wings, beer, chips, jersey on, ready to go!

Lots of respect for the Steelers, but also a lot for Manning as well. It was good to see him back. The NFL is just not right without him. I am good with the win, and would have been happy either team winning.

Wow, did not do as good as I wanted to. Keeping Rodgers in was still the right thing to do, missed the call on a few others. Happy to see the 49ers win, there were a few crappy calls on both sides, but many fair ones as well.

Should never get too crazy about week 1 in the NFL, but a few observations anyway.....

1) The road to the Super Bowl in the NFC might go through San Francisco.

2) Jets receivers are better than I thought (not to mention their O line).

3) RG3's performance was awesome (best of the five rookie starters, by far).

4) Peyton looked like he never left!

5) Green Bay did not fix their D.

6) Cowboys are pretty good.

7) The replacement refs aren't as bad as I thought they would be.

Again, it's only been one week, so this all could change.

Steve

7) The replacement refs aren't as bad as I thought they would be

You did not watch the Niner/Packers game did you?

Wrong calls and missed calls all game against both teams. The refs also through a flag on the Green Bay TD return, which was a blatent and obvious illegal block from behind, only to take it back and allow the TD.

Like I said though they were making bad calls for both teams, all game long.

You did not watch the Niner/Packers game did you?

Wrong calls and missed calls all game against both teams. The refs also through a flag on the Green Bay TD return, which was a blatent and obvious illegal block from behind, only to take it back and allow the TD.

Like I said though they were making bad calls for both teams, all game long.

Saw the entire game. Agree the missed block in the back on the return was a bad missed call, but I didn't see bad calls all game long.

Also, no game in week one was decided by a bad/blown call.

If week one was an officiating disaster, the NFL would be settling with the officials very quickly.

Most of the media football analysts gave the replacements passing grades.

Saw the entire game. Agree the missed block in the back on the return was a bad missed call, but I didn't see bad calls all game long.

Also, no game in week one was decided by a bad/blown call.

If week one was an officiating disaster, the NFL would be settling with the officials very quickly.

Most of the media football analysts gave the replacements passing grades.

Several Offensive Pass Interference Calls not called against both teams.
Several Defensive Pass Interference Calls not called against both teams.
Several bad placements of the ball.
Almost every flag was thrown late.
The penalty against Aldon Smith for unsportsmanlike conduct was BS, as he was only trying to get the helmet off of his head where it had slipped upward and blocking his site. The replay of it was obvious and they easily could have looked at it. They refused to do so.
Several penalties against Green Bay for roughing the passer that were not needed.

Even the commentators were talking about it throughout the game, and both coaches commented on it after the game.

Fortunately as we both have said, no game was decided by the refs, but they are still terrible.

Anyhow...

On to this weeks picks:

Last Week: 10-6
Overall: 10-6

This weeks picks:

Green Bay Packers 30-27 Chicago Bears (Almost want to go with the Bears because of their much better D.)
New York Giants 24-14 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Oakland Raiders 23-17 Miami Dolphins
Houston Texans 27-17 Jacksonville Jaguars
Cincinnati Bengals 24-10 Cleveland Browns
Kansas City Chiefs 21-20 Buffalo Bills
Baltimore Ravens 24-21 Philadelphia Eagles
New England Patriots 37-20 Arizona Cardinals
Minnesota Vikings 25-21 Indianapolis Colts
Washington Redskins 30-23 St. Louis Rams
Dallas Cowboys 26-23 Seattle Seahawks
Pittsburgh Steelers 24-20 New York Jets (Almost want to go with the Jets after last week)
San Diego Chargers 27-22 Tennessee Titans
San Francisco 49ers 30-21 Detroit Lions
Atlanta Falcons 27-24 Denver Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back