Old Buckenham 2022

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
Terry and I went to our first Airshow in 3 years at Old Buckenham.

here's some of my shots from a rather poor performance with my camera (worse than usual this time !)

i'm sure Terry will fill in with some much better shots than i managed, anyway on with the Show !

RAF Falcons Parachute display team.

they jumped from 800 ft in rather cloudy and windy conditions, that were also a bit touch a go as to whether they would actually jump but they put on an impressive display from such a low altitude.

Falcon.jpg
Falcon-1.jpg
Falcon-2.jpg
Falcon-3.jpg
Falcon-4.jpg
Falcon-5.jpg
Falcon-6.jpg
Falcon-7.jpg
Falcon-8.jpg
Falcon-9.jpg
Falcon-10.jpg
Falcon-11.jpg

Terry and I went to our first Airshow in 3 years at Old Buckenham.

here's some of my shots from a rather poor performance with my camera (worse than usual this time !)

i'm sure Terry will fill in with some much better shots than i managed, anyway on with the Show !

RAF Falcons Parachute display team.

they jumped from 800 ft in rather cloudy and windy conditions, that were also a bit touch a go as to whether they would actually jump but they put on an impressive display from such a low altitude.

View attachment 680769View attachment 680770View attachment 680771View attachment 680772View attachment 680773View attachment 680774View attachment 680775View attachment 680776View attachment 680777View attachment 680778View attachment 680779View attachment 680780
Which one is you and which is Terry? 🤔

Great shots, Red Two !
That was one of the best displays I've see by The Falcons.
The Old Buckenham show took place on a former 8th USAAF B-24 airfield in Norfolk, just 20 minutes from my caravan site, and it was where the actor James Stewart was based, and from start to finish the whole event was perfectly organised, with terrific traffic management, friendly and very helpful ground staff, and a spacious crowd line, which reminded us of our visit to Oostwold, Holland, in 2017, being very relaxed and not overcrowded.
I'm still in Norfolk at the moment, with very hit and miss Internet connection, and limited capacity on my lap top, so I'll sort and start posting my pics from a great show when I get home on 14th August, with a few in my "Travels of Tel's Tin Tent" thread, and the bulk of the pics in this thread.

What, only three Spitfires .............. Oops, sorry Marcel, please don't make Karl punch me !!!
(with reference to Oostwold, 2017 !!!)
I think I got some reasonable shots on the day, and will edited them and post when I get back home on 14th August, meanwhile, I look forward to more of Karl's pics.

Brilliant shots Karl and I do like that thoughtful message to the NHS, like our health system they are being crushed under this COVID but still manage to come through. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back