Online Shopping

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heinz

Captain
Feb 6, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
I know the title sounds like a spam thread :lol:

However anyone ever buy kits off Amazon.com?
Or off any other interet sites for that matter.

I do buy a lot from shops and support my local business but being student Im seeing some great bargains!

Cheers.

I don't know about Amazon or E-bay, but Squadron.com , Kiwi resins, and Modell makett (Hungarian company) are great. With squadron, you'll have a heart attack when you see the freight cost added to your list, but you won't pay that amount in the end, so don't let that put you off. (They just add it up differently than the post office for some reason)

I order from a company overseas called Luckymodel.com. Their prices are super low, but there is a catch. If you are in no hurry, like 4 - 6 week delivery, shipping is cheap also. But if you want it quicker, shipping can cost quite a bit.

Also ordered from Hobbylinc.com with no problems.

I buy most of my stuff from my local mate Craig Chidley of Aeroworks, and occassionally via Hobbylink in Japan.
Usually when I spot something over seas I want, Craig usually has access to it so I get him to organise it for me, like you Heinz I'm a bit wary of the net and some of the 'goings on' that can occur...

I don't usually trust the net either, but bought a resin set from Kiwi resins in NZ via paypal and it went fine. Also bought via a mates card stuff from squadron a few times (he regularly shops via Internet) and that's also worked fine so far.
The best though is if you can pay Cash on delivery, which I do with a model company up in Budapest. They send the stuff and the bill, and I just pay at the post office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back