OOB (Out of Box) unofficial GB - anyone keen?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think jets are good. I'm thinking of this...

ghawk.jpg

Geo

Well.. I want a marble figure of myself of 1/1 scale then. Is anybody keen on? :lol:

Last edited:
Cheers again guys, and great to see more interested!

To clarfy: yep, any subject you like... even a 1:1 scale Wojtek if you like! ( Just Not a 1:1 scale Evan, that would require too much modification :) )

Andy, would agree with those guidelines:
-Antenna wires, brake lines and seatbelts (including scratchbuilt) allowed - that's all.
-Schemes and markings optional.
-Build end: December 31, 2015

If anyone disgarees with this, let us know, otherwise we'll take that as the rule.

Couple of questions though:
-Do we want to allow OOB parts from other kits of the same subject (if better than subject kits parts) to spruce it up?
-When do we want to start? I would suggest February 1st.

Cheers for the feedback so far, let us know if yas are happy with the rules as they stand.

So guys, sure, you can putty gaps, remove marks, file or fill ejector pin marks etc. That's normal for any build. I don't think using parts from other kits qualifies though. Nobody is saying anything about this though.

Agreed... filling and sanding are (unfortunately!) a normal part pf the process... so naturally these are allowed.

About using the spare OOB parts, I'm currently doing this with an OOB Harrier GR.3 project, scavenging various better detailed components from a pre-made GR.7 I bought at a flea market to improve the kit's deficiencies.

Maybe we should just keep it simple though:
Kit to be built 'as is', with the exception of the previously mentioned details.

That good with everyone? Also the start date of 1st February?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back