oops

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A-36 pilot Lt Jack Taylor 414 Sq RCAF. How that cable came to dig into his trailing edge is a mystery-

Hellcat, USS Randolph 1945

Hellcat, USS Suwannee 1945

Last edited:
PBY Catalina, Saudi Arabia.
Caption-"In 1960, Thomas Kendall, his family, and a photographer from Life magazine set off on a round the world pleasure trip in this Catalina.
On 22nd March they touched down in the Gulf of Aqaba.
The following day they were attacked with automatic gun fire from a headland nearby by local people who had mistaken them for Israeli commandos.
Mr Kendall and his secratary were injured. After interrogation in Jeddah they were all released"

B-25

Last edited:
"In the first six to twelve months of a war with the United States and Great Britain I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, if the war continues after that, I have no expectation of success"- Adm I. Yamamoto

A P-38 kills Yamamoto in April 1943

Yamamoto's shot-down Betty

Corsair battle damage, Guadalcanal

Early Wildcat test flight prewar

Last edited:
Wildcat, Morocco

Dauntless, USS Lexington

P-47 landed in France with flak damage, pilot injured and being helped out

Another angle

Airacobra at Nome Alaska en route to Russians

Last edited:
OKAY I've found out how to post pics without that resizing bar, I'll retro-fix all my previous ones in due course..
(But 800 pixels wide is still the forum limit so remember to hold CTRL and roll the mousewheel to enlarge them further if you like)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hellcat, Solomons

Helldiver, USS Bunker Hill

Avenger, USS Hornet

Coronado after losing wingtip float, 1943

Hellcat, USS Yorktown 1944

Last edited:
Wildcat fire, Guadalcanal

Flak damage

Flak blew out B-17 tail gunner, he became POW

B-24, Italy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread