Oops! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
Here is your chance to post your shots that almost worked. This one is what happens when you hit turbulence at the same time as you hit your shutter. :mad: Grrr....

Attachments

• dang_turbulence_3045.jpg
    dang_turbulence_3045.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 269
Cool idea for a thread, Eric...and yeah, the folders are full of these "Oops" shots! :lol:

I have a couple good ones (out of many) that will be right at home here:

First is (or, would have been) a shot of Mount Lassen I took back in March. Just as I released the shutter, some turbulance shoved the A2 up and I got a sweet shot of the dashboard and prop...

The second photo was supposed to be of Aluminum Overcast taxiing out on one of it's runs. Just as I hit the shutter, a gal from the Jet Center popped into the picture, trying to get a co-worker's attention. In this shot, my only regret was that I didn't have the "foreground" in focus! :evil4:

And I think Wheelsup is right, that is a great shot of the airfield! :lol:

Attachments

• IMGP6090a.jpg
    IMGP6090a.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 239
  • IMGP6428a.jpg
    IMGP6428a.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 232
I actually have surprisingly few oops shots from my visits to airshows. However I do have a couple of pictures that came out like this...

1527199374_eb7d6a83f5_b.jpg

1526332381_ed16416be9_b.jpg

1527199610_6c19c82916_b.jpg

Think my whitebalance got a bit iffy at some point. Thankfully I fixed it somehow and the rest of the shots came out alright.

With cat like reflexes and a eagle eye I tracked the aircraft down the flight line

Attachments

• IMG_0332_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0332_1_1.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 236
I actually have surprisingly few oops shots from my visits to airshows. However I do have a couple of pictures that came out like this...

Think my whitebalance got a bit iffy at some point. Thankfully I fixed it somehow and the rest of the shots came out alright.

Whoa, I was listening to Pink Floyd when this popped up!

I think that most of my OOOPs shots are from 'panning ...linked with a distinct lack of planning (in other words, make sure your area is clear before reeling off loads of clicks on the shutter !).
1. Spitfire at Duxford...what was I thinking ?
2. A10 at Midland...dont take pics of planes when you are standing by one...it gets in the way !
3. Corsairs at Duxford. ah yes...the imovable building shot
4. Spifire at Duxford...The grass at Duxford just gets bigger and bigger
5. Big Beautiful Guy!!!, Duxford....errrr WTF, get out of my way you pedal pushing pillock
6. Pink Lady, Duxford...low and fast and stuck in a tree
7. Race 57 about to fly in the right ear of the guy who stood up in front of me with impeccable timing

Attachments

• oop9.jpg
    oop9.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 211
  • oop8.jpg
    oop8.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 247
  • oop5.jpg
    oop5.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 220
  • oop3.jpg
    oop3.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 215
  • oop1.jpg
    oop1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 215
  • oop11.jpg
    oop11.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 224
  • oop10.jpg
    oop10.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 213
I've heard of advanced camouflage systems for aircraft, but that B17 is taking things a bit far!

Learn from my mistakes. Some of these are bad habits that I have been working on shaking.

1. Situation awareness! Always be cognizant of everything around you, even people with airplanes sticking out of their heads!

2. One of my pet peeves, and I get on other photogs about this. LEVEL your horizon! You have a tendency to tilt your head when you look at that photo.

3. When shooting slower airplanes after fast ones, you don't need to lead them as much. D'OH!

4. Ugh, don't overshoot your lens. This was at 500mm! I got too impatient and took the shot anyway. Good learning experience.

Attachments

• Clark_Gobosh_4344.jpg
    Clark_Gobosh_4344.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 84
  • level_5982.jpg
    level_5982.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 89
  • Not_that_much_lead_3522.jpg
    Not_that_much_lead_3522.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 84
  • too_far_away_5116.jpg
    too_far_away_5116.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 84
You gotta be shittin' me, Eric.

Save your professional mistakes for beers over jalapeno poppers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your mistakes are most peoples achievements. Man you are good. Seriously.

Thanks Matt. It doesn't help being a bloody perfectionist. I see stuff wrong with photos sometimes that people like. I was really ticked off at my Fokker Dr.I shot that I took back in 2006 because I cut the wingtips off. But it won several awards!

I can show some of the other, less than stellar, shots, like light standards in the way, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back