Operation Apollo

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lancaster630

Airman 1st Class
Feb 26, 2007
Hi guys I hope I am posting in the correct place :oops: I am building a 1/32 model of the Shuttleworth collections Westland Lysander in its paint scheme as MA-B V9367 flown by Pilot Officer Peter Vaughan-Fowler on Operation Apollo during the Winter of 1942, my question is this, after trawling the internet with no success does anyone here know what Operation Apollo was about? and is possible what was the Lysander's role in this operation?

thankyou in advance from Chris

Chris, I'm not certain, and would need to check the Squadron number, but the code MA on a Lysander I think would be a Special Duties Squadron, possibly Tempsford or Ford. I'm nowhere near my squadron refs at the moment, so can't verify. The Op name rings a bell, but I can't place it (not much use so far, am I!?). It may well have been agent/courier dropping/pick-up, possibly in connection with SOE ops.
If I can find anything, I'll let you know.
Terry.

Thanks Terry and Snautzer :) I do hope that between us we can find out what it was all about

Hi guys I hope I am posting in the correct place :oops: I am building a 1/32 model of the Shuttleworth collections Westland Lysander in its paint scheme as MA-B V9367 flown by Pilot Officer Peter Vaughan-Fowler on Operation Apollo during the Winter of 1942, my question is this, after trawling the internet with no success does anyone here know what Operation Apollo was about? and is possible what was the Lysander's role in this operation?

thankyou in advance from Chris
This pdf gives details about all the SOE Operations, including Apollo (just search on the word Apollo )

Attachments

• infiltrations_into_france.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 110

Users who are viewing this thread

Back