Orcas Rule

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very cool.... Ive had the pleasure of free swimming with a few Orcas and they are indeed very intelligent...

Very lucky... I have over 300 dives and I've never seen an Orca or any other whale....

Where were you? Depth? How many were there? How long did you observe them? How close did u get?

Were they circling you or just passing by?

We were off the Oueen Charlotte Islands in British Colombia in about 40 feet of water when a Pod of 15 or so came up from below us.. We heard em comin, they were makin alot of noise while feeding....

We were usin Draeger rigs so it was alomst like a symphony...

Very cool....

The Pod passed us up and 4 juviniles peeled off and were very curious as to what we were.... We went to the surface with them and interacted for about 5 minutes before all 4 blasted off in unison....

I think I posted a pic that I took in my Animals Thread... Lemme see....

I found it.....

35809.jpg

Man! Awesome.. u suck! Did u make eye contact?

BC?
Must have been cold... dry suit?
Biggest thing I've seen were Sea Lions... I was surrounded by dozens of them off the channel islands, CA

I know people that have dove with whale sharks in the sea of Cortez.... That would be cool too

At our old house we used to watch a pod of about 40 come into the bay once a year at high tide.

They would fan out and heard the stingrays into one corner.

Then while they all gaurded the perimeter one by one they would flick in an grab a feed.

This would last for a couple of hours until they were all full.

Amazing to watch an orca flicking a ray in the air and catching it on the way down.

Their barbs are pretty nasty. I'd think that it would be painful even for an orca. It is like us biting into a fish hook.

did the eat them whole?

ever since i saw free willy for the first time around the 7 ears old, ive lways be inspired to be a marine biologist and they have been my favorite animal since

Never seen an Orca. Swam with some Dolphins off of Sarasota, Florida one time. As soon as me and my wife move to Alaska we hope to see some Orcas. I think we have a really good chance there.

If I were taken from the ocean and plopped into a tiny tank for the rest of my life, I'd go nuts too!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De_4RYMA1qE

I have no sympathy for stupid people. It's one thing to inadvertently cross these wondeful creatures during other activities. It's another to purposely put yourself in harms way for some "thrill". Dumb *****. Hope she doesn't breed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back