OS2U Monogram High Tech, Can anyone play this game. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Donivanp

Captain
Feb 23, 2014
Katy Texas
Well I am in a world of giants and I am but a pee wee but though I would try my hand in the GB, don't know if I'll get anywhere but here it is as I dont have nuch in the float plane world (1/48 PVY and 1/48 OS2U) figured I would tryout the OS2U.
kf1.JPG

Should be a good one. Have a look at the Rules and the Photo Requirements posted in the general area of the GB threads, and if you have any questions, just shout !

User name,donivanp
First nameDonivan (Don),
Category Intermediate,
scale(s) entered 1/48,
kit manufacturer Monogram,
model type OS2U-3
m details of markings/Kit comes with three sets of marking, Pre war USN, WW II USN, and RN

I had started to build this as one of my yellow wings aircraft and had cut the floats off to put landing gear on, I have painted the wings and fuselage also in prep to do this. Nothing else has been done to this and it will have to be re painted and floats put back on to do this GB. According to Rule #2 (below) this is a judges call.

If approved I intend to do it in the WW II USN with the kit supplied markings. I also beg your indulgence as this is my first attempt at this and If I make a mistake let me know and I will try and correct it.

2.) Only models built and finished by members, during the course of the GB, can be
entered. However, if a competitor wishes to enter a model or models on which work
has already commenced then, subject to application to, and approval by the judges,
this may possibly be allowed.

Attachments

• OS2U1.JPG
    OS2U1.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 151
Don, I got your PM.

First, I think the amount of work done is not an issue as it sounds like you'll need to undo everything you already did, which adds to the work. Second, once the other judges say OK, I suggest you start a new thread with a proper heading (see the ones already entered). Copy and paste the description in post 6 into your new post and go from there. That's because the first page of each GB thread repeats the first post and this one won't be correct for that.

First, I think the amount of work done is not an issue as it sounds like you'll need to undo everything you already did, which adds to the work. Second, once the other judges say OK, I suggest you start a new thread with a proper heading (see the ones already entered). Copy and paste the description in post 6 into your new post and go from there. That's because the first page of each GB thread repeats the first post and this one won't be correct for that.

Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back