**** DONE: 1/48 OS2U-3 Kingfisher - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great call javelin . I did not think I had m
Smaller but I found some 1/4 inch. It will help a lot.

Here is the smallest dowel I have and could use.

Attachments

• bb kf8.JPG
    bb kf8.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 98
So I take it you will have some kind of panorama around the back?Still notice the rod but that will be any rod.I am thinking though Don what about a steel rod could go to a 1/16>1/8 maybe and depending on the backdrop come up with a suitable neutral color but then again the clear rod may naturally soak up the colors so still alittle more experimenting it looks like.I like the effect Don ;)

Don going back and looking at the clear rod in the first set of pics it does absorb alot of the colors it is just the white pot to the left is being heavily absorbed so clear rod looks the trick.

You would need some type of upper frame-work but any magician-supply sells invisible thread. It's a PIA to work with but would provide invisible support except from very close-up

Mike s suggestion is worth exploring . basically have thread from some sort of overhead support, and then, thread from the base, to keep the model rigidly stationary and not flapping about

Another way might be to keep the aircraft model low to the water and that way may your clear rod short. Maybe something like this product, if you can get it in small quantities

http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/plastic_rods_tubes_shapes/acrylic_rods/147

I recon it might be worth having a chat to the local hardware store to see what clear products are on offer

But this is a really good idea that you are exploring.

I had a model once that was actually suspended in flight by the use of apposing magnets, the model held in place buy invisible thread from the haberdashery store. The biggest problem though was a small draught or little poking fingers sent it crashing, so much so that after the 5th or 6th crash it was rendered Cat 5.
b0227.gif

Still like the concept though.

That is the way I used to hang them from the ceiling. Three threads. Two for the wings and one for the tail.
Another magicians trick is to have a support rod through one wing which then passes through your back-drop. Keep the plane close to the back-drop and paint the rod to match the back-drop

Been getting a little on the plane done.

Attachments

• kf20.JPG
    kf20.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 111
  • kf21.JPG
    kf21.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 110
  • kf22.JPG
    kf22.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 107
  • kf23.JPG
    kf23.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 107
  • kf24.JPG
    kf24.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 106
  • kf26.JPG
    kf26.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 126
  • kf25.JPG
    kf25.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 110
  • kf27.JPG
    kf27.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 109
  • kf28.JPG
    kf28.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 111
  • kf29.JPG
    kf29.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 113
Well I hate to do this but due to un expected issues I corks not get around at this time, I have gone to a simpler concept.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg