Oshkosh 2018

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lovely shots. The Roseland Spitfire Y2-K is now on a cross country tour to visit Comox BC where the restoration work was being done before VWoC got hold of her to finish the job. I'm trying to find out the planned stops on its way back to Ottawa in hopes that a stay in Calgary is on the menu.

I guess this is why I love Air Venture, its not just about war birds but also classic planes of just about every type that you can imagine that come in. Here are a few.

DSC_0032.JPG
DSC_0042.JPG
DSC_0043.JPG
DSC_0057.JPG
DSC_0088.JPG
DSC_0146.JPG
DSC_0153.JPG
DSC_0179.JPG
and jets

I guess this is why I love Air Venture, its not just about war birds but also classic planes of just about every type that you can imagine that come in. Here are a few.

View attachment 503788 View attachment 503789 View attachment 503790 View attachment 503791 View attachment 503792 View attachment 503793 View attachment 503794 View attachment 503795 and jets
Great shot of the AT-11. This aircraft was used in Bombardier School. I logged 100 hours and dropped 200 practice bombs from one.

Is the DC-3 N728G with the classy paint job from the Ford Museum? If so, it was the North Central Airlines Corporate Aircraft in which I flew a number of times.

Last edited:
Like the "Ultra Lite" shot. Always wanted to give that a try. Knew a guy who flew one from Denver,Colorado to Rapid City, South Dakota to participate in a ceremony honoring a pioneer aviator. Took him the biggest part of two days.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I will try and post some more today if I can get my son off my computer today lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back