Our youngest's wedding day is D-Day

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
Our youngest daughter is getting married on the 6th of June, (tomorrow).
I will be walking her down the aisle, as well as officiating the ceremony.
I am puzzled by only one thing; How do I handle the question, "Who gives this woman to be married"?
I guess I could leave it off, but she wants it in, somehow.
And before anyone asks, yes, I was an ordained minister before the internet.
Just never had this come up before!

Congratulation to your family. My wife's anniversary falls on the same day. I always remember something important happened on that day. I start out at D Day, and recall it could not have been in 1944, then I go to CW Mccall's Convoy. (It was the dark of the moon on the 6th of June in a Kenworth hauling logs, a Cab over Pete with a reefer on and Jimmy hauling hogs.) That came out in 76, so I know that ain't it, then I look at the wife and smile and know it was 85. So I hope the best for yours that it is a blessed and wonderful rest of her life.

Paul, congradulations to you and yours. Hopefully this is something to lift your spirits and mind away from the evil that was done.
I said "GIVE? Nope, he's paying a fee later"

Thank you all!
The day came off with no problems. We just skipped over that part.
A bit of fun happened when I got to the "Love, Honor and Obey" part; (my daughter insisted that this remain in the ceremony), I departed from the normal ceremony to let the groom know that the "Obey" part would only apply to him. He nodded, and turned to the congregation and said, "It always has!"
Couldn't have better timing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back