P-40K Col. Robert L. Scott Commander 23rd Fighter Group, 1943 China

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Glad you enjoyed, It was not half as good as the master could tell, You will enjoy the video as well, take a look at their site. It was kinda wrapped around his legacy. He was full of life to the very end. I remember the day the Georiga ANG took him up in a B-1B for his birthday, Good lord that man lived to fly, and fly anything he could get his hands on.

Here is my RLS F-84

rlsf-86.jpg

Used the Revell F-84E kit and I believe Super Scale decals, 1/48th BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait till I can start that one myself.

Here is a video, still trying to get the photo Info you asked for, there are a couple of photos in the video.
WWII Flying Ace: Robert L. Scott
I finally had a chance to watch it and highly recommend it!

About half way through the video It showed a picture of Scott in his F-100 so I did the screen capture below. Looks like I have a start on the markings for it.
R L Scotts F-100.JPG

Last edited:
That's the one I've seen before Karl! Thanks a million. Looks like Scott kept the same fuselage number he had on his P-40E. He told the story behind the "7" in his book. The number on his first P-40 was "10" and he was returning to base one day and radioed in "One-Zero coming in from the east" and was met by a whole squadron of P-40s looking to shoot down a "Zero", but fortunately recognized him as a friend before it was too late. After that he changed the number to a "7"

I seem to get into ruts. Last time it was 109s, this time P-40s. I have a P-40L in the box waiting too, but I'm not ready for another triple header just yet.
That sounds like Gen Scott, he could keep you in stitches for hours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back