P-47D RAZORBACK, 1/48 Monogram " DONE! "

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Returning to the "clips or fasteners" of the bombs, which had done remained short 8-[, ....so we turn back to our can of coke ...

138.jpg

... With copper wire I completed the making; I gave them the proportional size and with white glue did the "cushions" that are responsible for clamping the bomb

139.jpg

140.jpg

So they were after applying primer and steel paint color...

149.jpg

Once the paint dried, place bombs and rocket launchers in position ...

150.jpg

151.jpg

152.jpg

I liked how they look ...\\:D/

The propeller was finally attached to the motor ...

153.jpg

It is a small step but it has taken me a few hours of nights and daybreaks !! :shaking:

I will continue with more of these final details ...

Espero sus comentarios y puntos de vista...hasta pronto amigos :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Nice correction Luis. What are you using to support the launcher, I like it.

Geo

Hi George, thanks for your comment and enjoy lot try to answer your questions.

What I used is galvanized wire; I do not know the caliber. After several trials and cuts to each wire, I managed to settle down the wire until touch the inside of the top of the wing and used cyanoacrylate.
I hope you serve the reference of pics and has been clear in my answer.

Best regards. :thumbup:

Sorry Luis, I meant supporting the launcher in the vice. It looks like leather or rubber.

Geo

Do not worry friend, I am still perfecting my English and it probably will not translates everything correctly. As many times as necessary I will try to answer ...

You mean the "straps" holding the three tubes? :oops:

Some are of the same piece of plastic and only improve the appearance of the "strap" of the tip with Tamiya tape cut to size.

lanza-cohetes 1.jpg

lanza-cohetes 2.jpg

It is what you mean?

If so, in posts # 13, # 97 and # 107 of this table could clarify your question.

Starting with be expected that I have understood ... lol

:thumbup:

Terry thanks for your comment and Wojtek for always being present. :thumbleft::thumbright:

Today I took care the landing gear.

I strengthened the joint of the leg with a section of a pin and made that the extreme touch the bottom of wing ...

154.jpg

It was fun to get the best alignment of the legs relative to the wing :mrgreen:...... photos will witness ...:oops:

155.jpg

157.jpg

Other views ... is not bad right?

156.jpg

158.jpg

Machine guns of the wings already waiting for their turn ...:leftfighter7:

159.jpg

I still have the final details ...
Until next time...:playingleapfrog:

Luis Carlos :thumbup:

Very nice work indeed Luis, well done.
The machine guns were mounted in 'blast tubes', which were stainless steel. See the pics below.

Czech 202.jpg
Czech 203.jpg

Thank you friends for their blandishments; Karl (rochie), I was pleased to see you here. :thumbleft:

The photos that you shared Terry served as reference along with others that I have ... but the approach of yours gave me clarity when taking care of the detail. Thank you very much encyclopedia-friend. :study:

The dimension between the shortest machine gun and the longest is 1 mm and 12 mm respectively ...

160.jpg

I was very careful with 1 mm needle was not "fall" into the wing ... align in parallel and in the right direction ...:cyclopsani:

162.jpg

164.jpg

165.jpg

166.jpg

I was a bit complicated to have the least amount of CA ... I think it's ok ... would really be a bit unpleasant in the short term to slacken and lose ...:-k (there's always the possibility to replace them .. .but not in the immediate future ...#-o)
It seems to look good ...

163.jpg

167.jpg

161.jpg

QUESTION: You consider it necessary to make some kind of weatherig to simulate burning or smoky steel ... and what method you recommend?

On the other hand, it was also ready the pitot ...

168.jpg

According to most of the photos that I have is olive drab color with aluminum on tip. I'm right?

That's all for now, now working in the cockpit ... :propellerhead:

Hasta pronto compadres! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Gun tubes are looking good.
If the guns had been fired, there might be traces of staining on the tubes, which would be more a greyish tone with a hint of blue, but, being on stainless steel, it would be thin and diffused.
However, as your model is loaded with ordnance beneath the wings, that suggests the aircraft hasn't yet departed on a mission, so the gun muzzles would still be covered. This was done by placing card caps over the muzzles, either red, or white in colour. These were blasted away when the guns fired.
The pitot tube would be OD on top, and Neutral Gray beneath, with a bare metal tip, although it's possible just OD was used on the painted section.

Interesting news to me regarding the card caps over the muzzles. Have some image order to know them ?, would be an interesting choice to make, referring to the fact that the aircraft is on the ground, loaded prior to go on a mission.
If a colleague had information of those card caps over the muzzles, feedback is appreciated.
Thanks again Terry :thumbup:

Sorry Luis, I haven't got any pics immediately to hand, not without a long search. I have seen pics, and also some film footage, and they were a common 'accessory' in the USAAF and the RAF, where tape or fabric patches couldn't be used.
The caps were rather like the lid on an old fashioned medical pill container, maybe an inch or two deep (25 to 50mm), and just slipped over the end of the barrels.
They were intended to prevent dust and dirt entering the barrels on the ground and, more importatnly, to prevent icing in the barrels at altitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back