P-47D RAZORBACK, 1/48 Monogram " DONE! " (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes, I thought it might be a mark on the print.
The spring in the second photo is the same type seen on US aircraft up to late summer 1943, with the wire lead-in on the fuselage spine.
I've had a look at quite a few photos from late 1943 / early 1944 onwards, and they all show a lack of wire, with the VHF antenna being in the mast. Bear in mind this is in the ETO, operating from the UK - other theaters mostly still used the wire for HF radios.

Yep .. that's true. Here is the next shot of a Jug where we can see the mount of the antenna wire to the fin. I would say it was quite a "thick" piece and it should be seen in pics even if these aren't of the best quality. At least the two dark dots should be noticed there.

USAAF-42-23038-P-47D.jpg

Last edited:
Great job Luis-Carlos.

I don't know what happened but I thought I posted some pics of of the gun muzzle covers to answer your request for pictures but I don't see them now. In any event, here they are:

View attachment 342213 View attachment 342214

That good pictures Andy; They clarified the doubt and it really is a detail that will not appreciated in 1/48; HOWEVER continue knowing these details, strengthen my knowledge. Thank you so much for sharing it.

And I can say about the feedback and images of Terry and Wojtek ... thanks guys !!

Saludos a todos y gracias por sus comentarios y seguimiento :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Hello friends ... I took quite some time trying to start a new thread (new topic) :rolleyes:

I do not know if it is due to the new format of our forum.
Neither knew how to send a private message to a moderator, about my doubt and ask for help. :oops:

Something I'm doing wrong and does not allow me to advance (neither the title is well placed...:crazy:)
I got lost also looking at where is this information (will be that it's late and I'm tired ??? :-k)

If someone can tell me where to look for information to start a new start to finish project ...

Thanks for your help, I'll be awaiting your answers. :thumbup:

It's not you, but our quirky new format. After you go to Post New Thread and if you don't see anywhere to write your post, you might need to refresh the page or use the back button and start again. If that doesn't work, I don't have an answer. Somoene else had the same problem before and it was discussed but I don't remember which thread it was in.

Thanks Andy, tomorrow I try. If anyone has the answer, we will leave doubt faster.
Friend thank you very much for taking the time.

Luis Carlos

Yesterday the Mozilla FF was updated.If you don't have that done it might have been the reason for. Yesterday I had a couple of minor troubles with displaying too. But when the FF was updated all started working fine again.It seems there is no problem at the moment.

okay; in any free time I try and I send you a private message to confirm that I am doing well. Greetings and Wojtek have good day. :thumbup:

I just retrying; ... I gave reset the page, and I still sending the same message after putting the title of the "new workbench", I attached a picture of the screen ...

5a.jpg

... As you will see I am in my session in the subforum of "start to finish builds" ... and still do not see where you can start posting content.

I use Mozilla Firefox as my main browser and have had no difficulty with any of my other websites (emails, spotify, etc.)

[-o<:signhelp: ...:thumbup:

No wonder you got the error message. There is nothing written in the post there. You just try to send an "empty" message. The screen shot shows there is no area where you can type the text for it. Please try to follow that....

Click the Post New Thread button and then...

if the there isn't the area for typing of your text ( it can be seen in the pic below - the area under the grey bar with icons ) .... hit the F5 button of your keyboard. It is the refresh button. Wait for the refreshing. The typing area should appear.
If it doesn't happen will try the F5 button again.

Schowek01.jpg

Last edited:
I tried opening Internet Explorer and then at least I could see the gray bar with icons ... I tried to send an "empty message" and ...

6a.jpg

... Then I came back I, hit the F5 button to refresh, then enter the title and I could see that at the bottom they came up similar workbenchs from colleagues to which I will present ...

7a.jpg

But ... when put the title and type enter, ... I put the same !!

I get closer to achieve this, ... there's something am missing that thing is .... ??? :thumbup:

I just returned try from the Mozilla Firefox ... and I got to the same reached in Internet Explorer ... !!
... But only I can get getting there....

It is not possible to send the "empty" message. It always generates the error message. You have to writte the thread title and then the text you need. Then you may attach pictures etc.. And then hit the Create Thread button.

Also I suggest scrolling your screen a little bit down firstly in order to see the entire rest of the window. The area for typing the text should be found under the list of similar thread of other guys if you have already the thread title written

If it still doesn't work you may try to log out the forum, clear you Firefox cache and then come here again and log in. But think your mistake is like I've said above.

Last edited:
I deeply appreciate the support and your time Wojtek =D>
I'll be tried that and follow to the letter your advice.

Any other questions, I will follow bothering you .... If you have a tutorial on how to send a Private Message (PM). I do not want to saturate this with issues not related.

Muchas gracias amigo :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back