P-51C Mustang on Chinese Markings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some progress on paiting...

Looking better to a pic its possible to see the extinguished painting of the Checkertail of the 23th Fighter group.

So I did it too.. I use a Checkertail painture of an P-47 to make the squares wih tamiya masking tape... to cut the tape better I use an glass and a surgical bistoury... all squares must to have 4mm, I use the Tamiya XF1 very thin to make the painture

Aplying and masking the tail:

The final result:

Rubbing a paper towel in the checkertail I´ll get the extinguished painting..

It´s it for now... soon I´ll post more.. and yes the squares are not lined up, cos I think that In the wartime this is made by any skill without too much whim...

Hope the guys enjoy it,

Best regards,

Lucas

nice!

I see you have got your checkertail decals from the academy p47 razorback kit. H ave you built this model yet? I have and found it an enjoyable build, that and my other p-47 are my best models to date.

nice!

I see you have got your checkertail decals from the academy p47 razorback kit. H ave you built this model yet? I have and found it an enjoyable build, that and my other p-47 are my best models to date.

I use the checketail decals from the P-47 just do measure it on the same scale, I paint the checkertails on my P-51.

I buil just one P-47 from academy´s I post it here some time ago, the kit that I use the decals I dont build yet, I´ll do it with Luftwaffe colors

Best regards,

Lucas

Some updates.

Masking to make the overpainted finish:

I use a wax paper and Tamiya tape over an USAF insignia decal to make the mask of the overpaited markings up and bottom of the wing. In the left wing I could see some markings of paints.

On the fuselage I think that the Chineses sand the USAF marking, because on the pics is not possible to see any type or marking of painting.

Masking the rudder strips:

The model is almost finished...

Some news on canopy, (I don´t finished the detais of the canopy, this is just a test fit)

Almost like the real one

I hope that the guys enjoy it !

Lucas

Today I finish the model !!!

Almost like the real one, the results are good.

The pics are not too good, I´m learning how to photograph my models....

Some more pics.

Here are my NCAF Aircraft !!

Hope the guys enjoy !!!

Best regards to all,

Lucas

Users who are viewing this thread