Passing the "title"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ccheese

Member In Perpetuity
Jul 10, 2007
Virginia Beach, Va.
Up until today I thought I was the oldest "active" member of the Forum.
I spoke to b17sam, today. The gentleman is 87 years old. I can't compete
with a man fourteen years my senior. I donno where he's been, but he's here
now.....

Charles

You two guys have some collective history. I think b17sam is the same guy who started a thread where he would entertain members questions about the B-17. I recall that he had some health problems. Good to see him return.

That's one of the things I love about this place. People of all ages come to discuss WWII aviation.

Not only all ages but various work or education backgrounds, geographic locations, aviation experience etc. This is probably one of the more successful examples of "DIVERSITY" that any of us will ever experience. Pretty interesting huh?

Thats why I love this place. Just recieved an email from another forum that they may go out in 2008. Sorry to hear that but this place has got to be on the upswing compared to other forums and its because of the people, geographics, etc. Love this place!

Have nothing but respect for people older than me, if ex service men, RESPECT, ADMIRATION AND GRATITUDE....

Maybe we should call you guys Sir, right Charles.... :lol:

b17sam is a ww2 bomber crew veteran whom has his own site dedicated to his bomb group of the 8th AF and the missions the unit undertook.

jhor another ww2 bomber crew veteran who visits often is from the 15th AF flying B-17's and is the one who said to ask him about questions of the bomber and his career.

both gentlemen also frequent the armyairforces.com web-site of which I am also a member

E ~

b17sam is a ww2 bomber crew veteran whom has his own site dedicated to his bomb group of the 8th AF and the missions the unit undertook.

jhor another ww2 bomber crew veteran who visits often is from the 15th AF flying B-17's and is the one who said to ask him about questions of the bomber and his career.

both gentlemen also frequent the armyairforces.com web-site of which I am also a member

E ~

Thanks for the correction, Erich. You are right. It was jhor I was thinking of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back