PBM-3R 'Mariner' at Kwajalein Atoll...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi everyone,

With all the emails coming in from all over, regarding the 'Glen' wrecks, I almost forgot to share this series of pictures as well! Silly me...:rolleyes:

Anyway, here's pictures I took on another recent dive I did. This is a PBM-3R 'Mariner' that lies about 3 miles west of Ebeye. Depth at this wreck is 130 feet at the level just under the wings. The -3R is a rare transport version of the PBM.

There's another PBM not far from this one, which is a -5. I've seen pics of it, but haven't dived on it yet, and it has the remains of the radome behind the cockpit. Anyway, on to the -3R pics...please note that if you save these pics, the label "pbm1" has only to do with the fact that this was the first PBM I dove, not it's subtype...

pbm1_2.jpg

pbm1_3.jpg

pbm1_5.jpg

pbm1_6.jpg

pbm1_7.jpg

The other divers in the pics are Kristi and Kevin, two of my friends. Second set in the next post...

Considering she is on the bottom of the ocean for 60 years she looks in pretty good shape if you ask me.

Hi everyone,

With all the emails coming in from all over, regarding the 'Glen' wrecks, I almost forgot to share this series of pictures as well! Silly me...:rolleyes:

Anyway, here's pictures I took on another recent dive I did. This is a PBM-3R 'Mariner' that lies about 3 miles west of Ebeye. Depth at this wreck is 130 feet at the level just under the wings. The -3R is a rare transport version of the PBM.

There's another PBM not far from this one, which is a -5. I've seen pics of it, but haven't dived on it yet, and it has the remains of the radome behind the cockpit. Anyway, on to the -3R pics...please note that if you save these pics, the label "pbm1" has only to do with the fact that this was the first PBM I dove, not it's subtype...

pbm1_2.jpg

pbm1_3.jpg

pbm1_5.jpg

pbm1_6.jpg

pbm1_7.jpg

The other divers in the pics are Kristi and Kevin, two of my friends. Second set in the next post...
Dear Air, I looked it up on the internet ( Goggle). It was quite a plane! Thanks for photos. Looks like you guys had fun! Think I'll visit planes in a dryer setting....*grin* Karl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back