Photography - equipment, help hints

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not sure how well the skies will hold up in Friday morning for you, Terry.

I did see some folks out that way, especially in Ireland, were able to catch last night's amazing Auroras from the latest Solar storm.

Hopefully you'll be able to see it!

Hope it's a written exam, and not a practical then Hugh. I'd hate to think what could happen if the room suddenly went dark in the middle of an operation... !!

I think I'm in the middle of exam. Half tempted to run around screaming half way through when it happens that the world is about to end. Not sure it would go down well though.
If you painted yourself blue, wore animal skins and shouted alot in a pictish dialect...that might work! :lol:

Hope it's a written exam, and not a practical then Hugh. I'd hate to think what could happen if the room suddenly went dark in the middle of an operation... !!

Written indeed Terry, would be far more fun if it happened in a practical one though...

If you painted yourself blue, wore animal skins and shouted alot in a pictish dialect...that might work! :lol:

Could work, I'll bear it in mind for the next time it happens...

Got this yesterday, as my old broke with my 6D and 70/300mm on it. It is a Zomie Z669 with a ball head. It list for around $300.00 on Amazon, but I did some searching, (on Amazon) and found for $105.00 and free shipping. Ordered it Friday night and got Tuesday. Very stout little piece of equipment. Max height is 60". One leg detaches for Monopod, and I can order quite a few other attachments for it. Max capacity is 8k or 17.6 lbs. So for now, I should be safe.

Attachments

• 51YaSkBTycL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg
    51YaSkBTycL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 54
Interesting how, since the advent of the DSLR, 'prime' lenses, such as the 'standard' lens, 50 mm for example, are way more expensive than 'zoom' lenses. In the days of 35 mm SLR's, it used to be the other way around - a good 50 mm or 35 mm lens would be a reasonable price, although not cheap, where a half-decent 'zoom' lens would be much more expensive.
I'm still trying to decide whether to save up for the Nikon 400 mm zoom, or just stick with the Nikon 300 mm and the slower, but with a Macro facility, Sigma 300 mm.
Oh, decisions, decisions .................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back