Pics from my friend...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The British government cancelled it a long-long time ago because it was too expensive. It would have been the most advanced design at it's time of entry but it's just another military affair ended by that strict politcal wife... :rolleyes:

Another reason it failed was because some people in the Government thought it was better to buy US built aircraft. Personally I think someone had friends on the other side of the big lake.

I wouldn't have been too bothered if we had bought American instead of building the Panavia 'Piece of Crap' Tornado. :confused:

Definately. I belive that in the 80's the government looked at reinstating the porject but cancelled in again after tests showed that it was much better than the Tornado...

Was an amazing plane... I've heard it was almost finished when they decided to stop it. BTW, a RAF WWII ace Neville F. Duke was a testing pilot.

One currently resides in IWM-Duxford...oh, did I mention I'll be there on July 9th!? :lol: 8)

i have all the answers in a book upstairs

So do I, but im checking now... :D

Yes one was built, when the project was cancelled on April 6th 1965 all toolings, drawings and parts were destroyed or scrapped, with 2 incomplete prototypes surviving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back