Pics from my friend...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pisis

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2004
Praga Mater Urbium
Hi,

a friend of mine, Dave Z, is a military pilot at the Kbely airbase and recently sent me some pics that he took during his missions. Check this out enjoy!

The description is by Dave Z:

These are bit older, from times when I was navigator on Antonov An-26. It's from May 2004 when two C-160 from France visited our base. I was invited to fly in one C-160 and took these pictures.
C-160 left, An-26 right
1xAn262xC160.gif

in formation
1xAn262xC160_2.gif

Over Prerov helicopter air base
PrerovAn26.gif

An-26
An-26front.gif

Kbely air base
Kbely.gif

LKKB take-off photographed from flight operator's window (bubble)
LKKBtake-off.jpg

My instructor at work, notice hard working flight engineer :D
atwork.jpg

DGPS reference station
DGPS.jpg

LKCV landing
LKCVlanding.jpg

It's not a monkey, it's me :D
me.jpg

I was assigned to paratroopers training as an air force advisor, because I'm one of few in our base who can guide An-26 from the ground for paradrops (from days when I was navigator). So from base to target area I was given a Mi-24 Hind as a transport! And their primary goal was rocket training! :eek: I'm not so important, so my transport was only secondary. But I was able to take these pictures when flying as a cargo:
04kopie.jpg

06kopie.jpg

07kopie.jpg

I'm especialy proud of this picture. S-8 rocket launch.:
09kopie.jpg

Like 'em? :p

Cheers,
Pisis

I tried to get a flight in one when we I was in Kosovo. But the command would not let us fly in any Russian aircraft because the Russian maintenance practices were not up to par.

I can understand it. They have trouble getting spare parts and when the mechanic finds something wrong he just fixes it and no one looks at it like a TI to inspect his work.

Hehe. "We" Czechs-Slovaks are very much influenced by the 50+ years Russian Communism occuppation... Why do you think we've switched to Gripens? :lol: (But HIND isn't a bad rotor-plane...)

Cheers,
Pisis

Yeah, like an arrow! Fantastic design. I tried to catch em with my digital camera, but no chance they're so quick!

Talking about the design, do you know a cancelled project of almost finished jet airplane BAC TSR.2 ? They've done some 5 exemplaries, OI think. IMHO this plane has the nicest shape I've ever seen on a modern fighter!

Cheers,
Pisis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back