Picture of the day. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No one wanna talk about the huge identification stripes on some of the fighters in post 2030? I don't recall seeing them before. Anybody know anything more? Where the squadron specific or air force wide?

An He162 assembly line in an underground facility.

He162_assembly.jpg

Both had sights off-set on the left of the receiver body, and the left of the barrel in the case of the Bren. With the Owen, as with most SMG's, being a close-quarter weapon, sights were probably not needed anyway !

Nice one which appears in a couple of books I have. I find it interesting how the light reflects off the left side of the second wing in the foreground and that you can see how the painter sprayed the demarcation line of the green and then filled in between the lines. That is something that happens when I paint my models as well and I've always tried to hide the phenomenon with the clear coats. A model judge would, I'm sure dock points for sch a finish.

Interesting...

I think the same challenge exists for anyone (except Wayne) trying to add temporary winter camo to say Luftwaffe models. While accurate, it just doesn't LOOK right in most cases.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back