Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seven Gloster Gladiators of No. 3 Squadron RAAF make a low pass in loose line abreast formation over the Squadron's mobile operations room at their landing ground near Sollum, Egypt, from which they operated during Operation COMPASS.

large (3).jpg

Yes it is, and I didn't know that the RAF/RCAF used them!
Having just obtained a 1/48th scale example in that Revell 'Ground Support Equipment' kit I grabbed off e-bay, it's given me some ideas .............

Having just obtained a 1/48th scale example in that Revell 'Ground Support Equipment' kit I grabbed off e-bay, it's given me some ideas .............

You always get ideas, some ok and some others.....not so very suitable in public shall we say, yes?

You always get ideas, some ok and some others.....not so very suitable in public shall we say, yes?

to go with Jan's 'Tiff' (not the Neddel one) via google by Makoto Ouchi
napier-sabre-24-aero-engine-m-ouchi.jpeg

An 'irritable' engine initially, that became close to its replacement in the Tempest by the Centaurus radialled Tempests/Furies, one of the most high powered per displacement engines ever made - also its roughly one imperial ton of engine made it one hell of an armour plate in front of the pilot.

Mmmm Volkswagen/Bugatti have the W16, mmm, maybe one of the English/Bitish manufacturers should do homagé to concept of the Sabre?

Oh found this link to scale model Napiers
http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Tomlinson.htm

Last edited:
Japanese vessel is in serious trouble with bomb bursts geysering near it. It is part of a convoy trying to reinforce the big base at Ormoc, Leyte. Note the military trucks forward of the superstructure.

ThisJapanesevesselisinserioustroublewithbombburstsgeyseringnearitItispartofaconvoytryingtoreinfo.jpg

The Hurricanes are from 85 Squadron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back